Department of Economics
Predoctoral Fellow 70 %
The Department of Economics at the University of Zurich is a leading, world-renowned teaching and research center in the field of economics. With more than 300 members, it is known for its innovative work and is committed to a truly multidisciplinary approach, which combines modern economics with elements of history, political science, psychology, sociology, biology, and neuroscience.
We are seeking a highly motivated predoc to work on research projects investigating energy efficiency in the residential sector. The successful candidate will be part of the predoc program at the Economics Department at the University of Zurich and work under the guidance of Harald Mayr, Prof. David Hémous, and Prof. Sébastien Houde.
- Prepare, visualize, and analyze real-world data.
- Apply causal machine learning methods to identify causal effects.
- Support the design and implementation of field experiments and questionnaires.
- Visualize and present research findings.
- Strong empirical skills in (one or more of) Stata, Python, R.
- A Master's degree in economics, statistics, computer science, or a related field.
- Experience as a research assistant.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Independent and collaborative work attitude.
- Knowledge of German is a plus.
What we offer
This position is a great opportunity for a young researcher interested in pursuing a career in economics and/or data science. It is also an opportunity to prepare for a PhD in those fields as well as gaining experience that will be highly valuable in the academic, private, or public sector. We offer a competitive salary, a stimulating research environment, and access to a wide range of resources at the University of Zurich.
Place of work
Schönberggasse 1, Zürich, Switzerland
Start of employment
Employment start date to be mutually agreed. The position is for one year.
We welcome applications from qualified individuals of all backgrounds. To apply, please send your CV, cover letter, transcripts, a writing sample, and a letter of reference to Harald Mayr. Online interviews will be scheduled on a rolling basis, starting from May 18.
Jetzt online bewerbenhttps://ohws.prospective.ch/public/v1/redirect/7a591e36-ba83-4ee6-b988-8236cc8fe884/ats/
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://jobs.uzh.ch/offene-stellen/predoctoral-fellow/7a591e36-ba83-4ee6-b988-8236cc8fe884 abrufbar.