Implementation Science in Health Care
PhD student position for an EU-funded project in Implementation Science 60-80 %
The newly founded Institute for Implementation Science in Health Care IfIS is based at the Medical Faculty. Implementation Science is an applied research field dedicated to optimizing the integration of evidence-based practices and research findings into routine practice to improve the quality and effectiveness of health care. The field of implementation science draws upon participatory and complexity-science principles by actively engaging multiple stakeholders with their distinct knowledge and experience in order to identify and understand multilevel contextual influences on implementation processes.
The research group of Prof Lauren Clack "Implementation Science in Health Care" offers a PhD position in the implementation science work package of the EU Horizon 2020 Framework project, Prevention and management tools for reducing antibiotic resistance in high prevalence settings (REVERSE). This implementation science work aims to:
1) Understand and develop generalizable knowledge about contextual factors influencing implementation of antibiotic stewardship and infection prevention measures in European acute care hospitals;
2) Design and evaluate a tailored implementation strategy as compared with a standard implementation strategy as part of a type 2 hybrid implementation-effectiveness trial;
3) Produce tools for implementing antibiotic stewardship and infection prevention and control measures; and
4) Engage regional and national healthcare and political stakeholders in antibiotic stewardship and infection prevention and control.
- Manage diverse project activities.
- Coordinate project stakeholders.
- Collect and analyze qualitative (e.g. observations, semi-structured interviews) and quantitative (e.g. questionnaire) data in the above-mentioned project.
- Travel to European institutions.
- Conduct literature reviews and synthesize scientific content.
- Disseminate research results through presentations at conferences and publications in peer reviewed journals.
- Supervise and support undergraduate students.
- Complete scientific qualifications for PhD
- Master or equivalent degree in implementation science, health services research, public health, psychology, sociology, health economics, behavioral science or related field. MD-PhD candidates will be considered.
- Strong interest in keeping up with emerging trends and best practices in Implementation Science.
- Highly motivated to advance the new and quickly growing research group.
- Strong planning and organizational skills, excellent oral and written communication and effective interprofessional skills.
- Fluent in English. German skills, although not essential, are helpful.
- Self-motivated and comfortable taking initiative.
- Sound knowledge of empirical methods and advanced statistics.
- Excellent computer application knowledge (MS Office, SPSS, R).
What we offer
- Opportunity to shape the growing "Implementation Science in Health Care" research group activities.
- Possibility to make a real and tangible impact in healthcare research.
- Stimulating research environment and a place to grow academically and professionally.
- Opportunities to gain teaching and mentoring experience and strong support for your career development.
- An attractive work environment both within the research group and beyond: The University of Zurich is one of Switzerland's leading universities in the middle of a vibrant, cosmopolitan city.
Place of work
Start of employment
Employment start date May 2021 or by agreement.
Please submit your electronic application (in a single PDF file) including a cover letter, curriculum vitae, publication record and certificates by 31 March 2021.
Dr. Peter Brauchli, Managing Director
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://jobs.uzh.ch/offene-stellen/phd-student-position-for-an-eu-funded-project-in-implementation-science/f0371a3e-5d32-4f16-8dbb-abb163459252 abrufbar.