Department of Psychology
Chair of Psychology of Motivation, Volition, and Emotion
PhD student in an SNF-funded research project 60 %
As part of the research project "How to eat your cake and enjoy it, too! - Examining determinants of successful hedonic goal pursuit", factors that influence hedonic goal pursuit are investigated. The project is led by Dr. Katharina Bernecker.
- scientific tasks (such as literature research, questionnaire creation, data collection and analysis)
- organizational tasks (such as supervising study participants, programming online questionnaires, conducting laboratory surveys, supervising research assistants)
- publication activity
- lectures at national and international congresses
- scientific qualification (PhD)
- a very good degree with major in psychology
- strong research interest in the field of motivational psychology
- proof of successful first research experience (e.g. by a very good empirical thesis in psychology, research internships, work as a research assistant)
- very good English language skills
- good German language skills or willingness to learn German
- sound knowledge of empirical methods and advanced statistics (including multilevel analysis)
- very good computer application knowledge (MS Office, SPSS, R)
- high commitment, ability to work under pressure, flexibility, independence, enjoy working in a team
- interest in international research visits
What we offer
- an attractive research environment and a close exchange within the team
- pleasant and well-equipped working environment
- close supervision
- international research and practical contacts
- if interested, the opportunity to teach
The position ist limited to 3 years.
Place of work Binzmühlestrasse 14, 8050 Zurich
Start of employment Start of employment is 1st January 2021 or by agreement.
Deadline for applications is 31st October 2020.
Please email the usual documents (CV, high school diploma, certificates of psychology studies), a letter of motivation of at least one page in which you explain what you are particularly interested in and why you want to do a doctorate, and the name of one or two reference persons (e.g. supervisor of master thesis or research internship) as a PDF file to Dr. Katharina Bernecker.
Dr. Katharina Bernecker
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://jobs.uzh.ch/offene-stellen/phd-student-in-an-snf-funded-research-project/16cea391-6df3-4a25-978c-54b3206c1061 abrufbar.