Faculty of Business, Economics and Informatics
Assistant Professorship (non-tenure track) in Management, with a focus on the future of work or the future of leadership 100 %
The Faculty of Business, Economics and Informatics of the University of Zurich invites applications for an
Assistant Professorship (non-tenure track) in Management, with a focus on the future of work or the future of leadership
starting in the fall of 2020. Candidates should hold a Ph.D. degree in Business or Psychology with a specialization in organizational behavior, HRM, leadership, or social/organizational/industrial psy-chology and have an excellent record of academic achievements in the relevant fields. Prior re-search on topics related to the future of work or the future of leadership is not necessary, but an interest in those topics is important, as evidenced in ongoing or planned research. The professor will be a member of the Department of Business Administration.
The successful candidate is expected to have the following qualifications:
- a proven publication track record in top-tier management or psychology journals, or publica-tion potential as evident in working papers or submitted papers that are invited for revision
- excellent oral and written English, as evidenced e.g. in a PhD dissertation written in English
- a very good understanding of quantitative methods, including study design and statistical analyses, and a very good command of relevant software packages, such as R, Mplus, Stata, and/or SPSS; alternatively, a very good understanding of qualitative methods
- good presentation skills, as evident in conference presentations; teaching experience (ideal-ly with formal student evaluations) is a plus
- a devotion to writing; experience with popular writing (for outlets such as blogs, magazines, or newspapers) is a plus
- a readiness to engage with leaders and organizations
- the ability to work in and guide a team; curiosity and discipline, self-reliance and initiative-taking, as well as integrity and creativity.
The successful candidate has the opportunity ...
- to work with leading scholars through collaborative research projects on one of the most pressing issues of our times: the future of work
- to be part of and guide a dynamic team that is dedicated to top-tier research, inspirational teaching and impactful outreach while fostering a positive working atmosphere
- to work in a well-equipped, state-of-the-art research infrastructure
- to live in a city where the quality of life is among the best in the world
- to receive an internationally competitive salary, in line with the university's compensation scheme.
Through its educational and research objectives, the University of Zurich aims at attracting leading international researchers who are willing to contribute to its development and to strengthening its reputation. The University of Zurich is an equal opportunity employer and in particular strives to increase the percentage of women in leading positions. Therefore, qualified female researchers are encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application at https://www.facultyhiring.oec.uzh.ch/position/15138816 until December 13, 2019.
For further questions regarding the profile of the open position please contact Prof. Jochen Menges (jochen.menges(at)business.uzh.ch).
Prof. Jochen Menges
jochen.menges(at)business.uzh.ch (Anfrage AP Management)
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://jobs.uzh.ch/offene-stellen/assistant-professorship-non-tenure-track-in-management-with-a-focus-on-the-future-of-work-or-the-future-of-leadership/2cf9a451-0095-44ee-8920-97cbe5843852 abrufbar.