Would you like to make a major step forward in your academic career? WU offers ideal conditions to help you achieve that goal.
WU (Vienna University of Economics and Business) is the second-largest business university in the European Union and is centrally located at the heart of Europe, with over 23,000 students and roughly 2,400 employees working in teaching, research, and administration. WU’s modern campus, right next door to Vienna’s expansive Prater Park, offers impressive, award-winning architecture and an excellent working environment. The Institute for Information Systems and Society is currently inviting applications for a
Teaching and Research Associate
The Institute for Informationsystems & Society is a thought leading Institute for Digital Ethics in the German speaking world. Therefore the Ph.D candidate will be asked to explore social and potentially philosophical/ethical issues that relate to digitization.
- He or she should be interested to conduct research in any of the following fields: human-computer interaction, ethical and sustainable system design and/or the effects of digitization on human beings, the economy, society and nature.
- Although most of their time will be devoted to research, the candidate will have some administrative and co-coordinative functions at the Institute for Informationsystems & Society, such as co-supervision of thesises at undergraduate level, exam corrections, etc.
- The candidate will also teach a two-hour course each semester.
- Possibility for independent scientific research towards a PhD thesis.
For more information on the Institute, please visit: https://www.wu.ac.at/ec.
- Applicants for this Ph.D. position should have a master’s degree in one of the following subjects: psychology/cognitive science, philosophy, economics/socio-economics, information systems (Wirtschaftsinformatik), computer science, engineering or mathematics.
- Ideally, we are looking for a candidate who has obtained a double degree in the technical field combined with a degree in the humanities or economics.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate exceptional analytical and conceptual skills.
- They must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- To support the research culture at the Institute for Informationsystems & Society, we are looking for a Ph.D. candidate who is considering an academic career.
- Willingness to use multimedia formats in teaching.
The minimum gross monthly salary is €2.196,75, subject to adjustment if candidates can document relevant prior professional experience.
This employee position will be limited until December 31, 2024, starting on December 29, 2020 (commencement date subject to change).
If you are interested in a job with diverse responsibilities in a pleasant, stimulating work environment, please submit your application by December 02, 2020 (ID 815).
We are looking forward to hearing from you!
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://www.wu.ac.at/karriere/arbeiten-an-der-wu/jobangebote?yid=815 abrufbar.