Postdoctoral Position (m/f/d, E 13 TV-L, 100%)
Faculty of Science and Max Planck Institute for Biological Cybernetics
Bewerbungsfrist : 05.06.2022
Postdoctoral position in Human Psychophysics with TMS and/or EEG (m/f/d, E 13 TVöD-Bund, 100%)
The Department of Sensory and Sensorimotor Systems (PI Prof. Li Zhaoping) at the Max Planck Institute for Biological Cybernetics and at the University of Tübingen is currently looking for highly skilled and motivated individuals to work on projects aimed towards understanding visual attentional and perceptual processes using TMS and/or EEG methodologies. The framework and motivation of the projects can be found at www.lizhaoping.org/zhaoping/AGZL_HumanVisual.html. The projects can involve, for example, visual search tasks, stereo vision tasks, visual illusions, and will be discussed during the application process. TMS and/or EEG methodologies can be used in combination with fMRI/MRI, eye tracking, and other related methods as necessary. The postdoc will be working closely with the principal investigator and other members of Zhaoping's team when needed.
- Conduct and participate in research projects such as lab and equipment set up, data collection, data analysis, writing reports and papers, and presenting at scientific conferences.
- Participate in routine laboratory operations, such as planning and preparations for experiments, lab maintenance and lab procedures.
- Coordinate with the PI and other team members for strategies and project planning.
- Coordinate with the PI and other team members for project planning, and in supervision of student projects or teaching assistance for university courses in our field.
- Ph.D. in neuroscience, psychology, computer science, physics or a related natural science or engineering field.
- Publications in peer-reviewed journals.
- Highly skilled in techniques of human visual psychophysics such as MATLAB programming for experiments, experimental data taking, data analysis, and paper writing.
- Familiarity with hardware and techniques in eye tracking, EEG, TMS, tDCS/tACS, and other related techniques such as in carrying out fMRI experiments is highly desirable.
- Experience in project management is highly desired.
- Strong command of English; knowledge of German is a plus.
Who we are:
We use a multidisciplinary approach to investigate sensory and sensory-motor transforms in the brain (www.lizhaoping.org). Our approaches consist of both theoretical and experimental techniques including human psychophysics, fMRI imaging, electrophysiology and computational modelling. One part of our group is located in the University, in the Centre for Integrative Neurosciences (CIN), and the other part is in the Max Planck Institute for Biological Cybernetics as the Department for Sensory and Sensorimotor Systems. You will have the opportunity to learn other skills in our multidisciplinary group and benefit from interactions with our colleagues in the university as well as internationally. This job opening is for the CIN or the MPI working group. The position (salary level TVöD-Bund E13, 100%) is for a duration of two years, and renewable to additional years. We seek to raise the number of women in research and teaching and therefore urge qualified women to apply. Disabled persons will be preferred in case of equal qualification
The position is available immediately and will be open until filled. Preference will be given to applications received by June 5th, 2022. We look forward to receiving your application that includes a cover letter, your curriculum vitae, relevant certificates, and three names and contacts for reference letters) electronically through our job portal: https://jobs.tue.mpg.de/jobs/169. Informal inquiries can be addressed to jobs.li(at)tuebingen.mpg.de. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://uni-tuebingen.de/universitaet/stellenangebote/newsfullview-stellenangebote/article/postdoctoral-position-m-f-d-e-13-tv-l-100/ abrufbar.