The Leibniz-Institut für Wissensmedien (IWM) focuses on research on knowledge acquisition, knowledge sharing and cooperation with digital media. The IWM is part of the Leibniz Association and is committed to international standards of excellent science.
We are looking for a dedicated
Post-doctoral Researcher (m/f/d, 100%)
starting April 01, 2020, or later, for a period of 3 years
for the project „Benefits of professional social media use“ which is funded by the German Research Foundation (DFG). In the project, a measurement burst field study will be conducted to investigate the extent to which the professional social media use leads to new ideas and access to information and the role played by networking and passive/active use of social media. Furthermore, experiments will focus on the development of Ambient Awareness and the question whether this is an automatic or controlled process.
- Conceptualization, preregistration, running, data analysis and documentation of empirical studies (field studies and experiments) on Ambient Awareness
- Conceptualization, preregistration, running, data analysis and documentation of a Measurement Burst field study
- Presentation of the results at national and international conferences
- Publication and documentation of the results in peer-reviewed journals
- Cooperation within the framework of the general tasks of the institute
- Strong interest in the effects of social media use, especially in the professional context
- Openness towards Open Science
- Very good skills in the analysis of complex data (Multi-level models for longitudinal data)
- Experience in planning, running and analyzing experiments
- First experiences with recruiting professionals for field studies are an asset
- Doctorate in psychology (media , social or organizational psychology) or communication science
- Publication experience
- Very good English skills
- German skills are an asset
- Integration in an innovative, methodologically ambitious project
- Work in a cooperative team
- A stimulating, international and interdisciplinary oriented research environment
- A salary in accordance with the collective agreement for public employees in Germany (TV-L, E13, gross salary approximately EUR 55.280,--).
Please contact Prof. Dr. Sonja Utz (phone +49 7071 979308 or email: s.utz(at)iwm-tuebingen.de) if you have further questions.
Please submit your application (in a single PDF file) – including a cover letter, curriculum vitae, certificates and names and addresses of two or more references – to personal(at)iwm-tuebingen.de (reference number 1004-2019).
Stiftung Medien in der Bildung (SbR)
Leibniz-Institut für Wissensmedien
Equal opportunities are part of our personnel policy. People with disabilities will be given priority if equal qualified.
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://www.iwm-tuebingen.de/www/de/karriere/stellenangebote/anzeige.html?kind=wissenschaftlich#ausschreibung1004 abrufbar.