The Department for Psychological Research Methods, chaired by Prof. Dr. Michael Bosnjak, at the Trier University has the following open position:
Senior Researcher (m/f/d)
Research Synthesis Methods and/or Machine Learning in Psychology
(E13 TV-L, 100%, fixed-term contract from September 1, 2023 for 3 years,
the position is set up for academic qualification, according to the WissZeitVG)
Duties and functions:
- Conducting research making use of, or advancing methodologies belonging to, research synthesis methods (systematic reviews, meta-analysis) and/or machine learning in Psychology
- Aiming for a German ´Habilitation ´ degree
- Teaching research methods and statistics courses
- Presenting at national and international conferences
- Publishing in peer-reviewed journals together with the head of the department
- Preparing research proposals and funding applications
- Co-editing thematic issues in Zeitschrift für Psychologie
The hiring requirements are based Section 57, Paragraphs 2 and 3 of the German Higher Education Act.
- Master-level degree in Psychology, or master-level degree in a related area with a strong focus on research methods / statistics.
- PhD in Psychology or in a related discipline with a strong focus on research methods / statistics
- Experience in statistical programming languages (especially R, Python)
- International publications in areas related to the position announced (mandatory for senior-level position, optional for junior-level position)
- Excellent German and English skills (spoken and written)
- Distinct communication and presentation skills
- Proactive, results-oriented, and independent working style
Among equally qualified applicants, disabled candidates will be given preference.
Please send your application (cover letter, CV, representative publications, research and teaching plans) before May 1, 2023, via e-Mail to: sekbosnjak(at)uni-trier.de. For more information on the processing of your personal data, please refer to the data protection information for application procedures in accordance with Article 13 GDPR on our homepage.
contact in case of questions:
Ms. Anette Weidler
tel.: +49 0651 201-2706
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://www.uni-trier.de/fileadmin/organisation/ABT3/Stellen_WissMitarbeiter/a14_23_SeniorResearcher_FBI_Psychology.pdf abrufbar.