Research Associate (Doctoral Student) (m/f/x) in Entrepreneurship and Family Enterprise
19.05.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal
TUM School of Management at TUM Campus Heilbronn invites applications for a Research Associate (m/f/x) at the level of TV-L E13 (public sector pay scale) at the newly founded Global Center for Family Enterprise (Prof. Dr. Miriam Bird). Expected starting date is September 2021 or by mutual agreement. The doctoral student is expected to work and conduct research in the area of entrepreneurship and family enterprise. The position (m/f/x) is limited to 36 months (extension for another 12 months is possible).
Founded in 2002, TUM School of Management is part of TUM, one of the leading technical universities in the world. TUM was one of the first universities in Germany to be named a University of Excellence. With its strong research environment and close ties to industry, the school constantly scores well in rankings, currently listed as the strongest German business school for research, and #9 in Europe for M.Sc. programs in entrepreneurship. The TUM Campus Heilbronn is a dynamic organization whose goal is to achieve excellence in research, teaching and impact.
- the opportunity to work on a PhD thesis in the area of entrepreneurial teams and in the overarching topic of entrepreneurship at one of the most prestigious universities in Europe.
- the possibility to get engaged in the international research community and present your work at international conferences and publish your work together with members of the research team in leading journals,
- the possibility to contribute to teaching activities at the Global Center for Family Enterprise,
- provision of training as well as developmental support from experienced scholars and
- active involvement in the Center’s outreach activities and learning how to communicate your research to the general public.
We look for…
- a team player with the ability to work independently with a strong master's degree in management, (organizational) psychology, sociology, finance, economics, business informatics, or related subjects,
- with a strong passion and curiosity for entrepreneurship and/or family business research,
- with a solid knowledge of empirical research (quantitative or qualitative) methods,
- with knowledge of statistics and ideally statistical software programs such as Stata, SAS or R and,
- excellent organizational and oral/written communications skills in English (command of the German language is an asset but not a must).
Please send a cover letter (specifying a possible starting date), your CV, and relevant university and work certificates in one pdf-file to bewerbungen.gcfe(at)wi.tum.de. Closing date for applications is June 18, 2021.
For further information about this position please contact Ms. Lena Vorsatz (lena.vorsatz(at)tum.de). As an equal opportunity employer, TUM explicitly encourages applications from women as well as from all others who would bring additional diversity dimensions to the university. Preference will be given to disabled candidates with essentially the same qualifications. The position can also be filled as a part-time position.
Hinweis zum Datenschutz:
Im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung um eine Stelle an der Technischen Universität München (TUM) übermitteln Sie personenbezogene Daten. Beachten Sie bitte hierzu unsere Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. Durch die Übermittlung Ihrer Bewerbung bestätigen Sie, dass Sie die Datenschutzhinweise der TUM zur Kenntnis genommen haben.
Kontakt: Lena Vorsatz (lena.vorsatz(at)tum.de)
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://portal.mytum.de/jobs/wissenschaftler/NewsArticle_20210519_152513 abrufbar.