Data Scientist / Postdoctoral Researcher (f/m/d, 100%, E13)
08.11.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal
The area “Chronobiology & Health” (Prof. Dr. Manuel Spitschan) at the Department of Sport and Health Sciences at the Technical University of Munich, Germany, is looking for a data scientist or postdoctoral researcher with strong data handling skills and expertise for the collaborative Integrative Human Circadian Daylight Platform (iHCDP). The appointment will be for 36 months, with a tentative start date of 1 February 2022.
The Integrative Human Circadian Daylight Platform (iHCDP) is a collaborative project between the Centre for Chronobiology at the University of Basel (Prof. Dr. Christian Cajochen, Dr. Mirjam Münch, Dr. Corrado Garbazza) and the Technical University of Munich (Prof. Dr. Manuel Spitschan) funded by the VELUX Stiftung. The goal of the platform is to generate new knowledge at the intersection between chronobiology, daylight research, ophthalmology, and gerontology. Core components are the development of a data hub, composed of a database and data-sharing platform for internal and public use and the development of open data standards for facilitating FAIR (findable, accessible, interoperable, reproducible) use of data.
- Postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline, including (but not limited to) psychology, neuroscience, biology, biomedical science, engineering, mathematical and computer science
- Knowledge and expertise in data management
- Experience in data analysis of physiological and behavioural time-series data
- Experience in programming in Python, R and/or similar languages
- Excellent communication skills
- Development of a data base with diverse behavioural and physiological data sets
- Coordination and oversight over data management
- Development of data standards for chronobiology and daylight research
- Implementation of a data hub for storing, curating, documenting and sharing research data in the above mentioned field(s)
- Frequent communication and collaboration with the iHCDP team across institutions
- Presentation of results to external stakeholders
What we offer
We offer an interesting, exciting, and inclusive research environment, which is integrated into the Max Planck Research Group “Translational Sensory & Circadian Neuroscience” at the Max Planck Institute for Biological Cybernetics led by Prof. Dr. Manuel Spitschan, as well as a wide network of international collaborations, including the iHCDP. The project duration is currently limited to 36 months.
The workplace is in Munich, Germany. Salaries follow the payscale (TV-L E13) in the state of Bavaria.
TUM is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are therefore particularly encouraged to apply. Applicants with disabilities are treated with preference given comparable qualification.
Please send the following documents via email to Prof. Dr. Manuel Spitschan (manuel.spitschan(at)tum.de):
- Cover letter describing your education and scientific activities, as well as your strengths. Please also describe how you meet the requirements (or could at the start of the position), and what interests you in the position
- Curriculum vitae (max. four pages) including publication list (if applicable) and contact information of two references
The application deadline is 17 December 2021. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered. Informal inquiries can be addressed to manuel.spitschan(at)tum.de.
Technische Universität München
Fakultät für Sport- und Gesundheitswissenschaften
Professur für Chronobiology & Health
Prof. Dr. Manuel Spitschan
Hinweis zum Datenschutz:
Im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung um eine Stelle an der Technischen Universität München (TUM) übermitteln Sie personenbezogene Daten. Beachten Sie bitte hierzu unsere Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung (https://portal.mytum.de/kompass/datenschutz/Bewerbung/). Durch die Übermittlung Ihrer Bewerbung bestätigen Sie, dass Sie die Datenschutzhinweise der TUM zur Kenntnis genommen haben.
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://portal.mytum.de/jobs/wissenschaftler/NewsArticle_20211108_082531 abrufbar.