The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research university.
The University of Luxembourg invites applications for the following vacancy in its Luxembourg Centre for Educational Testing (LUCET) at the Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education (FLSHASE):
Research & Development Specialist in Test Development (m/f)
- Ref. : 50014788
- Fixed term contract (CDD 1 year; renewable; 40 hrs/week)
- Employee status
- Foreseen starting date: 01.10.2019
The research and development specialist will develop state-of-the-art standardized achievement tests and lead item/test development groups in the context of LUCET’s core mission (i.e., “Épreuves Standardisées”, the Luxembourg school monitoring programme). He/she will competently analyse and interpret data emerging from large-scale data collections (e.g., ÉpStan), and actively participate in related research in the areas of cognitive/differential/developmental/educational psychology leading to publications in international scientific journals and national reports.
The research and development specialist will develop ÉpStan competency tests in general and in specific in Grade 1 in Mathematics, as well as Luxembourgish and German listening comprehension. Following general research tasks are included in the responsibilities of the research and development specialist:
- Contribute to and support the development of new and innovative psychometric measures within ÉpStan
- Contribute to the coordination and logistics of ÉpStan
- Perform advanced statistical analyses on data emerging from ÉpStan
- Present research findings in an understandable manner to other team members or researchers
- Contribute and support (on-going and future) research projects related to ÉpStan and other projects within LUCET (e.g., LEARN Newsletter)
- Contribute to research reports, public-outreach publications, international conferences and scientific publications emerging from ÉpStan and related research projects
- Contribute to LUCET’s public outreach efforts
- Perform any other tasks within the framework of the position
For further inquiries please contact: Carol Halpern
carol.helper(at)uni.lu / Tel.: (+352) 46 66 44 - 9555
- Master in psychology/educational sciences/linguistics
- Research or professional experience in the field of educational/psychological testing and assessment
- Specialization in the area of educational/psychological testing and assessment is a plus
- Very good oral competences in Luxembourgish, as well as very good oral and written competences in German, French and English
- Knowledge about school systems in general and the Luxembourg school system in specific is a plus
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team
- A friendly international interdisciplinary team
- Modern, newly equipped labs
Please upload your complete application (letter of motivation, CV, copy of diplomas) by 30/09/2019.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://recruitment.uni.lu/en/details.html?id=QMUFK026203F3VBQB7V7VV4S8&nPostingID=39618&nPostingTargetID=53823&mask=karriereseiten&lg=UK abrufbar.