The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research university.
The University of Luxembourg invites applications for the following position within the Department of Behavioural and Cognitive Sciences at the Faculty of Humanities, Education and Social Sciences for a:
Research and Development Specialist in Psychology (m/f)
- Ref: RCREQ0003813
- Fixed-term contract (36 months)
- Full time (40 hrs/week)
- From 1 September 2020
- Employee status
The successful candidate will be a member of the Department of Behavioural and Cognitive Sciences at the Faculty of Humanities and more specifically the Institute of Health and Behaviour. He/she will work under the supervision of Dr. Andreia Costa, Principal Investigator of the project “Academic Success in Autism: The impact of emotions and multilingualism” (ASA).
ASA project aims to assess how emotions and multilingualism influence the school success of children with autism.
The role of the candidate will be linked to the preparation, implementation, evaluation, and reporting of studies with children with autism, typically developing children, as well as their parents and teachers.
The candidate will participate in all phases of the project and will have opportunities to learn and propose solutions to state of the art issues in the fields of academic success, emotional ability, and multilingualism in children with autism.
- Conducting review of the literature
- Participating in the preparation, implementation, and evaluation of the empirical studies
- Contacting and informing institutions and participants
- Disseminating results through participation in conferences and scientific publications
- Organizing meetings and workshops
For further information, please contact: Dr. Andreia Costa andreia.pintocosta(at)uni.lu / Tel.: (+352) 46 66 44 9693
- Master’s degree (or soon-to-obtain) in Psychology, Cognitive Science, Education, or another relevant discipline
- A track record of interest in the research domains of ASD
- Experience in research projects involving academic success, emotional ability, or multilingualism is considered an asset
- Experience in research and good knowledge in quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Good knowledge of statistical software (e.g. SPSS; STATA; R)
- Strong commitment and the ability to work in a team
- Ability to work autonomously
- An excellent command of German and Luxembourgish and a good command of English (written and spoken) is required; French is considered an asset
- Opportunities to expand your skills and knowledge in a dynamic research team
- Personal workspace at the University
- Stimulating work environment
Please submit your application online until 31.05.2020 and include a letter of motivation, a detailed CV, and copies of diplomas. Early submission is encouraged; applications will be processed upon arrival. Applications obtained by e-mail will not be processed.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://recruitment.uni.lu/en/details.html?id=QMUFK026203F3VBQB7V7VV4S8&nPostingID=47956&nPostingTargetID=63759&mask=karriereseiten&lg=UK abrufbar.