With over 6000 students, the University of Luxembourg is home to a growing student community of people with diverse backgrounds, abilities, interests and needs. As part of the University’s commitment to delivering an exceptional student experience, and in recognition of its critical role in supporting students, we are recruiting a qualified psychotherapist, or psychologist.
Student Counselling and Wellbeing is part of the Student Services team within the SEVE department and provides a wide range of excellent and innovative support to help students manage psychological, emotional and mental health difficulties whilst at University.
Student Counselling and Wellbeing is a small multi-disciplinary team that supports students through primarily time limited, focused interventions.
The University is looking for its student services team (SEVE) a:
- Ref: RCREQ0003524
- Fixed Term Contract, 12 months
- Full time (40 hours/week) / 2 x part-time possible
- Earliest starting date: 1 March 2020
- Hold individual counselling and advisory sessions with students
- Raise awareness of and provide guidance on a range of mental health issues
- Develop sensitive record keeping to monitor mental health needs
- Support to design and implement psychoeducational programs, workshops and presentations
- Prepare and distribute publicity materials and displays
- Represent the Student Counselling and Wellbeing service at University events e.g. Open Day, Welcome Day
- Collaborate with local community groups and relevant organizations
- Support the university at national and international mental health initiatives
- A Master degree in psychology; clinical-, counselling-, coaching-, educational- or occupational-psychology
- Previous experience (3+ years) as a practicing psychologist
- The ability to relate to a wide range of people
- Team player with strong communication and relationship management skills
- Empathy, patience, open-mindedness and confidence
- Fluent in spoken and written English, and excellent oral and written skills in French, as well as willingness to improve fluency in languages generally. German and Luxembourgish are an advantage
- Exciting position with possibilities for development and creativity
- An enthusiastic interdisciplinary team of professionals
- Inspiring, multilingual and international working environment
- Opportunity to participate in the new student service team
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://recruitment.uni.lu/en/details.html?id=QMUFK026203F3VBQB7V7VV4S8&nPostingID=45696&nPostingTargetID=60959&mask=karriereseiten&lg=UK abrufbar.