The University of Luxembourg invites applications for the following vacancy in its Luxembourg Centre for Educational Testing (LUCET) at the Faculty of Humanities, Education and Social Sciences (FHSE):
“Postdoctoral Researcher” in Test Development (m/f)
- Ref: RCREQ0003593
- 12 months fixed-term contract (renewable)
- Full time (40 hrs/week)
- Employee status
- Foreseen starting date: 01/04/2020
The postdoctoral researcher will develop state-of-the-art standardized achievement tests and lead item/test development groups in the context of LUCET’s core mission (i.e., “Épreuves Standardisées”, the Luxembourg school monitoring programme). He/she will competently analyse and interpret data emerging from large-scale data collections (e.g., ÉpStan), and actively participate in related research in the areas of cognitive/differential/developmental/educational psychology leading to publications in international scientific journals and national reports.
The postdoctoral researcher will develop ÉpStan language competency tests in general and in specific in Grade 5 in German and French reading comprehension. Following general research tasks are included in the responsibilities of the postdoctoral researcher:
- contribute to and support the development of new and innovative psychometric measures within ÉpStan
- contribute to the coordination and logistics of ÉpStan
- perform advanced statistical analyses on data emerging from ÉpStan
- present research findings to other team members or researchers
- contribute and support (on-going and future) research projects related to ÉpStan and other projects within LUCET
- contribute to research reports, public-outreach publications, international conferences and scientific publications emerging from ÉpStan and related research projects
- participate in grant writing to acquire competitive research funding
- contribute to LUCET’s public outreach efforts
- perform any other tasks within the framework of the position
- PhD in psychology/educational sciences/(psycho-)linguistics
- Research or professional experience in the field of educational/psychological testing and assessment
- Advanced knowledge in the area of educational/psychological testing and assessment
- Knowledge about school systems in general and the Luxembourg school system in specific is a plus
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills
- Very good oral and written competences in German, French, and English are mandatory
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team
- A friendly international interdisciplinary team
- Modern, newly equipped labs
Please upload your complete application (letter of motivation, CV, copy of diplomas) by 15/03/2020.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://recruitment.uni.lu/en/details.html?id=QMUFK026203F3VBQB7V7VV4S8&nPostingID=45796&nPostingTargetID=61019&mask=karriereseiten&lg=UK abrufbar.