The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research university.
The University of Luxembourg invites applications for the following vacancy in its Luxembourg Centre for Educational Testing (LUCET) at the Faculty of Humanities, Education and Social Sciences (FHSE):
Doctoral Researcher in Psychology (m/f)
- Ref: 50016054
- Initial 14 months fixed-term contract (extendable up to 36 months)
- Full time (40 hours/week)
- Employee and student status
The doctoral researcher will conduct research under the guidance of a supervisory team including local and international experts, with the aim of studying towards a doctoral degree (cumulative; i.e., based on peer-reviewed publications) in Psychology. The doctoral researcher will investigate the possibilities of intelligence assessment in early childhood in the heterogenous Luxembourgish context (i.e. diverse language and cultural backgrounds). The doctoral researcher will develop a new instrument for intelligence assessment to be used in Luxembourgish schools.
The doctoral researcher will review research on intelligence as well as existing assessment tools. The following general research tasks are included in the responsibilities of the doctoral researcher:
- apply state-of-the-art research techniques and psychometric methods
- develop a new assessment tool
- evaluate the psychometric qualities of the new tool
- (co-)author peer-reviewed scientific publications and present research outcomes at international conferences
- contribute to and support (on-going and future) research projects within LUCET
- Master in psychology
- Competence in psychometrics
- Research or professional experience in the fields of educational/psychological assessment is a plus
- Very good oral and written competences in English
- Motivation to work with children in schools
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team
- A friendly international interdisciplinary team
- Modern, newly equipped labs
Please upload your complete application (letter of motivation, CV, copy of diplomas) by 15/03/2020.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://recruitment.uni.lu/en/details.html?id=QMUFK026203F3VBQB7V7VV4S8&nPostingID=45216&nPostingTargetID=59980&mask=karriereseiten&lg=UK abrufbar.