Postdoctoral Research Position in Cognitive Psychology
(full-time, E 13 TV-L)
Reference No.2021/275. The start date is March 1st, 2022 or by agreement. The initial 2-year position can be extended after successful evaluation.
The University of Konstanz is one of eleven Universities of Excellence in Germany. Since 2007 it has been successful in the German Excellence Initiative and its follow-up programme, the Excellence Strategy.
The Department of Psychology is one of the most research-active and successful psychology departments within German universities.
The position is available within the newly formed Group of Cognitive Psychology under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Bigna Lenggenhager. The overarching goal of our group is to study the role of body-brain interactions and the sense of the body in cognitive and affective processes. Our research has a strong interdisciplinary focus at the intersection of psychology, neuroscience, and technology. The working language is English.
- Developing your own innovative research projects within the outlined framework
- Participating in collaborative research projects within and outside the department
- Publishing in international peer-reviewed journals
- Contributing to the teaching and supervision of students
- Contribution to supervision of PhD students
- Contributing to the application of third party funding
- Curious and highly motivated
- PhD in psychology, neuroscience, life science or a related field, and demonstrated research experience
- Very good statistical, data analysis and programming skills (e.g., R, Python, Matlab)
- Previous research experience in the field of embodiment, embodied cognition or interoception is desired
- Neuroimaging and/or virtual reality skills are desired
- Strong written and oral communications skills are required in English
- An enthusiastic, collaborative and interdisciplinary research team
- Open and transparent science
- Top-level research, excellence in teaching, and international collaboration
- Support to build your own academic identity and visibility
- Access to state-of-the-art methods like EEG and virtual reality and technical support
- A supportive working environment
- Renumeration according to the pay group E 13 TV-L
For more information, please contact Prof. Dr. Bigna Lenggenhager via e-mail: bigna.lenggenhager(at)uzh.ch .
We look forward to receiving your application with the usual documents (a motivation letter, research plan, CV, publication list, copies of degree certificates, names of two references) until December 15th 2021 via our Online Application Portal.
The University of Konstanz is committed to ensuring an environment that provides equal opportunities and promotes diversity as well as a good balance between university and family life. As an equal opportunity employer, we strive to increase the number of women working in research and teaching. We also support working couples through our dual career programme (https://www.uni-konstanz.de/en/equalopportunities/family/dual-career/). Persons with disabilities are explicitly encouraged to apply. They will be given preference if appropriately qualified (contact + 49 7531 88–4016).
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://stellen.uni-konstanz.de/jobposting/287ed7af387265b93cab670c5d1ccfe99e4d87fa0 abrufbar.