2 x Doctoral students (f/m/d)
Chair of Social Psychology
University of Cologne
2 x Doctoral students (f/m/d)
The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germany, offering a wide range of subjects. With its six faculties and its interfaculty centres, it offers a broad spectrum of scientific disciplines and internationally outstanding profile areas, supported by the administration with its services. We offer two 75% positions for PhD students at the chair of Social Psychology under the supervision of Prof. Dr. Andreas Glöckner and Dr. Angela Dorrough. The chair belongs to the Department of Psychology (Faculty of Human Sciences) and is part of the Social Cognition Center Cologne and the Center for Social and Economic Behavior. The team has a focus on research in judgment and decision making, cooperation, and cross-cultural interactions to which the successful candidates should contribute.
- Conception and implementation of seminars in the master program „Intercultural Communication and Education“ (3 SWS; in English or German)
- Supervision of bachelor and master theses as well as student assistants
- Research and academic qualification (e.g., doctorate) with a focus on cross-cultural topics and/or judgment and decision making
- Engagement in the academic self-administration
- Dissemination of research findings to the international research community via conference talks and publications
- (Nearly) completed above-average university degree (Master or equivalent) in psychology or a related field
- Very good knowledge of quantitative research methods
- Experience or strong interest in cross-cultural psychology and/or judgment and decision making
- Willingness to develop expertise in statistical methods for large-scale (e.g., cross-cultural) datasets (e.g., multilevel modeling, cognitive modeling); previous experience in this area is of advantage
- Experience with data analysis in R or STATA
- Excellent command of English; German (or the willingness to learn it) is a plus
- Commitment, friendliness, open-mindedness, and ability to work in a team
WE OFFER YOU
- a stimulating international research group
- a diverse and fair working environment
- support in reconciling work and family life
- flexible working time models
- extensive advanced training opportunities
- occupational health management offers
- local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
The positions are available from 01.02.2022 on a part- time basis 75%. They are limited to 31.01.2025. If the applicant meets the relevant wage requirements and personal qualifications, the salary is based on remuneration group 13 TV-L of the pay scale for the German public sector.
The University of Cologne is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Women are especially encouraged to apply and will be considered preferentially in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz – LGG NRW). We also expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities / special needs or of equal status.
Please send your convincing application with proof of the sought qualifications online with the reference number Wiss2111-02 to https://jobportal.uni-koeln.de.
The application deadline is 30.11.2021. If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Angela Dorrough (angela.dorrough(at)uni-koeln.de).
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://jobportal.uni-koeln.de/ausschreibung/renderFile/587?propertyName=flyer abrufbar.