Postdoc Position (m/f/x)
07.02.2020, Wissenschaftliches Personal
TUM School of Management at TUM Campus Heilbronn invites applications for a
Postdoc position (m/f/x)
at the newly founded Global Center for Family Enterprise (Prof. Dr. Miriam Bird). Expected starting date is June 2020 or later by mutual agreement. The post-doctoral researcher will join a large-scale research project on the topic of “entrepreneurial teams”. The postdoc position (m/f/x) is limited to 24 months (extension for another 12 months is possible). The project will explore exciting questions around the topic of entrepreneurial teams, such as how power is allocated among team members, how employees can complement the entrepreneurial team and entrepreneurial team dynamics.
Innovation and Entrepreneurship Department
Founded in 2002, TUM School of Management is part of TUM, one of the leading technical universities in the world. With its strong research environment and close ties to industry, the school constantly scores well in rankings, currently listed as the strongest German business school for research, and #9 in Europe for M.Sc. programs on entrepreneurship. The Innovation & Entrepreneurship department is amongst the leading of its kind in Europe, with over 50 academics at post-doctoral and doctoral levels who regularly publish in premier outlets such as the Academy of Management Journal, Academy of Management Review, Administrative Science Quarterly, Entrepreneurship Theory & Practice, and Journal of Business Venturing, Journal of Product Innovation Management, Organization Science, Research Policy, Strategic Management Journal, and Social Studies of Science.
- the opportunity to work on an international research project on the topic of entrepreneurial teams at one of the most prestigious universities in Europe. You will work with a highly experienced team of scholars
- the opportunity to present your work at international conferences and publish your work together with members of the research team in leading journals
- extension of your teaching skills through teaching activities at the Global Center for Family Enterprise
- provision of training as well as developmental support throughout your time at our institute and
- active involvement in several outreach activities and efficient communication of your research
We look for…
- a team player with completed PhD degree (or close to completion) in management, (organizational) psychology, sociology, economics, business informatics, or related subjects
- with a strong passion for entrepreneurship and/or family business research
- with a solid knowledge of empirical research (quantitative or qualitative) methods
- with knowledge of statistics and ideally statistical software programs such as Stata, SAS or R (skills in working with large datasets are highly desirable) and
- excellent organizational and oral/written communications skills (command of the German language is an asset but not a must)
Please send a cover letter (specifying a possible starting date), your CV including publication list (including names of two academic references), and relevant certificates, as well as one published or working paper in one pdf-file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Closing Date for applications is March 20, 2020.
For further information about this position please contact Ms. Prof. Dr. Miriam Bird (email@example.com). As an equal opportunity employer, TUM explicitly encourages applications from women as well as from all others who would bring additional diversity dimensions to the university. Preference will be given to disabled candidates with essentially the same qualifications.
The position can also be filled by two part-time employees.
Find out more about us at www.wi.tum.de.
Hinweis zum Datenschutz:
Im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung um eine Stelle an der Technischen Universität München (TUM) übermitteln Sie personenbezogene Daten. Beachten Sie bitte hierzu unsere Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung: http://go.tum.de/554159. Durch die Übermittlung Ihrer Bewerbung bestätigen Sie, dass Sie die Datenschutzhinweise der TUM zur Kenntnis genommen haben.
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://portal.mytum.de/jobs/wissenschaftler/NewsArticle_20200207_144040 abrufbar.