Senior Fellowship: Scrum Master
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact, and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on home.cern.
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the Organization.
Welcome to the Fellowship Programme!
Within the Programme, we are looking for a Scrum Master to join CERN.
As a Scrum Master you will be working with one or two teams in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) environment. You will act as a servant leader who enables teams to self-organize and self-manage, assisting the team in meeting their delivery goals via effective Lean-Agile practices.
As Scrum Master, your main functions will be:
- Act as a servant leader and coach the Agile Teams in a Scaled Agile Framework environment;
- Educate the teams in Scrum, Kanban, Lean and SAFe, ensuring that the agreed Lean-Agile processes are being followed;
- Help remove impediments and foster an environment for high-performing team dynamics, continuous flow, and relentless improvement;
- Facilitate team meetings (Stand-up, Planning, Review, Retrospective, etc.);
- Help the Product Owners in their efforts to manage the backlog and guide the team towards a healthy dynamic with respect to priorities and scope;
- Support the team efforts to improve communication, cooperation, and relationships with other teams;
- Work with the Scrum Master community to increase the effectiveness of the Lean-Agile Practices across the Organization.
For this position within the Programme, you will need to meet the following requirements:
- Be a national of a CERN Member or Associate Member State; home.cern/about/member-states
- You have a PhD, or at least 4 years’ relevant experience since the completion of your MSc (or the equivalent diploma which gives access to doctoral programmes) in Computer Science, Organizational Psychology, or in a similar relevant course, and in both cases a maximum limit of 10 years’ experience.
- You are fluent in English.
The following skills are not required, but would be advantageous:
- Agile certification;
- Good level of French;
- SAFe relevant experience.
Please note that CERN Staff members are not eligible to apply for a Fellowship.
CERN would very much like to benefit from your expertise, commitment and passion. In return, we offer:
- An employment contract for between six months (minimum) up to a maximum of 36 months. A regular fellowship duration is 24 months.
- A stipend ranging from 7,170 to 8,143 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax).
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive health scheme (for yourself, your spouse and children), and membership of the CERN Pension Fund.
- Depending on your individual circumstances: an installation grant, family, child and infant allowances as well as travel expenses to and from Geneva.
- 2.5 days of paid leave per month.
Your future Life @CERN
This is how you can apply:
Please provide the following documents to complete your application:
- A CV;
- A scanned PDF of your most recent relevant qualification;
We recommend to add two recent letters of recommendation, giving an overview of your academic and/or professional achievements. You can upload these letters at the time of application if you have them to hand. You will also be provided with a link as soon as you have submitted your application to forward to your referees to upload their letters confidentially. Please note this must be done before the closing date.
All applications should reach us no later than 24 January 2021.
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/CERN/743999725710190-senior-fellowship-scrum-master abrufbar.