Senior Fellowship: UX Researcher/ Business Analyst
At CERN, the European Organization for Nuclear Research, physicists and engineers are probing the fundamental structure of the universe. Using the world's largest and most complex scientific instruments, they study the basic constituents of matter - fundamental particles that are made to collide together at close to the speed of light. The process gives physicists clues about how particles interact and provides insights into the fundamental laws of nature. Find out more on home.cern.
Diversity has been an integral part of CERN's mission since its foundation and is an established value of the organisation.
As a UX Researcher / Business Analyst you will join the Product Design team within the Business Computing (BC) group, responsible for software in the domains of HR, Finance, Supply Chain and Site Management. Your mission is to liaise between product management, business partners and end-users. We are looking for a person who is passionate about finding the deeper “why” behind the answers that are given.
As UX Researcher / Business Analyst, your main functions will be:
- Carrying out qualitative research by conducting interviews and workshops, in order to understand the user’s pain points and identify flaws in business processes and software;
- Tracking product performance by designing, monitoring and carrying out quantitative research through surveys, and combining them with other data sources;
- Mapping the full user journey and documenting journey maps in a sharable format;
- Managing relations with business partners and guiding them in discovering the deeper business needs behind their request;
- Collaborating with Product Management in defining the vision and strategy of the products;
- Facilitating the design of new software solutions, in collaboration with the product teams and external stakeholders (ideation, mock-ups).
- For an identified business scope and together with our business partners and development teams, iteratively build prototypes (from low to high fidelity) according to the principle of UCD (User Centred Design - Prototype, User Tests, Adapt). A dedicated tool such as Adobe XD, Axure, Figma is used for this type of activity.
- Collaborate with stakeholders for an identified business scope to model processes at different levels in the BPMN format, using a dedicated centralized enterprise modelling tool.
- You are a national of a CERN Member or Associate Member State;
- You have a PhD, or a Masters degree and at least 4 years experience (or any equivalent diploma which gives access to doctoral programmes) in Design, Business Management, Organisational Psychology, or in a similar relevant course, with a maximum limit of 10 years’ experience after obtaining your Master's degree.
Essential skills and experience
- Good understanding of UX research and / or Business Analysis methodologies
- Excellent communication, facilitation, and organisational skills
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
Desired skills and experience (not required but would be advantageous)
- Design Thinking
Please note that CERN Staff members are not eligible to apply for a Fellowship.
CERN would very much like to benefit from your expertise, commitment and passion.
In return, CERN will provide you with:
- An employment contract for between 6 months (minimum) up to 24 months, with a possible extension up to 36 months.
- A stipend ranging from 7,223 to 8,203 Swiss Francs per month (net of tax).
- Coverage by CERN’s comprehensive health scheme (for yourself, your spouse and children), and membership of the CERN Pension Fund.
- Depending on your individual circumstances: an installation grant, family, child and infant allowances as well as travel expenses to and from Geneva.
- 2.5 days of paid leave per month.
Your Life @CERN
How to Apply:
You will need the following documents to complete your application:
- A CV (Resume)
- A scanned PDF of your most recent relevant qualification (Degree)
Optionally, we recommend that you add two recent letters of recommendation, giving an overview of your academic and/or professional achievements. You can upload these letters at the time of application if you have them to hand. You will also be provided with a link as soon as you have submitted your application to forward to your referees to upload their letters confidentially. Please note this must be done before the closing date.
All applications should reach us no later than 5 June 2022.
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/CERN/743999824128825-senior-fellowship-ux-researcher-business-analyst abrufbar.