PhD position in Neuromodulation
A PhD position is available at the Division of Neurorehabilitation, Department of Neurology, Inselspital, University Hospital of Berne, Switzerland. The research group investigates brain plasticity in patients with acquired brain injury and the effects of new treatment approaches based on neurotechnology.
The project will use high-density EEG-based neurofeedback technology to enhance functional connectivity as new treatment approach for improving learning in heathy human subjects and patients with stroke.
Methods: functional imaging with EEG, real-time analysis, clinical and behavioral assessments.
- A master's degree in neuroscience, biomedical engineering, psychology or similar.
- Experience in EEG/MEG analyses; good knowledge of statistical concepts.
- Experience with the Matlab programming environment.
- Fluent in German and English.
- Good communication and writing skills.
Previous research experience and experience working with patients is a plus. We are an interdisciplinary and highly collaborative research group. The work environment is dynamic, international, and offers a great team spirit.
- Starting date: 01 September 2022
- Duration: 4 years.
- Salary: according to the scales of the University of Berne and the Swiss National Science Foundation.
To apply for this position, please submit a letter of interest, a CV, and a recommendation letter. All materials should be sent electronically. The position will be open until filled.
Contact and further information
Prof. Dr. med. Adrian Guggisberg
Universitäre Neurorehabilitation, Universitätsklinik für Neurologie
Phone: +41 31 632 3081
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://ohws.prospective.ch/public/v1/jobs/f79c4c70-ae7b-4a61-bcb2-50b0a46d38b4 abrufbar.