Professorship Tech + Data (M/F/D) at Tomorrow University of Applied Sciences i.Gr.
Important information: this is a remote position, 100% occupancy (part-time is also possible), initially 3 years with an option for extension, starting April 2022
Tomorrow's Education follows a competency-based learning philosophy to educate and empower tomorrow's entrepreneurs. Learners apply their knowledge to real-world challenges and interact with academics, mentors, and partners from around the world. Our first cohort of students for the Professional Master in Sustainability, Entrepreneurship and Technology in cooperation with the Vienna University of Economics and Business started in April 2021.
Tomorrow's Education is a remote-first startup founded by serial entrepreneurs. Its vision is to unleash the power of students to become leaders for a sustainable future.
Tomorrow University of Applied Sciences is part of Tomorrow's Education. Currently in the process of being founded, our University of Applied Sciences is characterized by a challenge-based approach where learners master competencies through active and collaborative learning methodologies. Our mission is to empower students for the challenges of the 21st century in close cooperation with startups, established companies and research institutions. For this purpose, we are looking for academics of tomorrow with an innovative and entrepreneurial mindset, who are interested in new teaching and learning models and bring a future-oriented mind-set to create the university of tomorrow with us.
We are looking for four full-time professors (40 hours/week - 18 teaching hours per week) for our three new degree programs (in accreditation, starting October 2022). As a Professor of Tech + Data and Academic Program Owner, you will become part of the founding academic team taking on responsibility to create and carry out your own projects from day one.
- Development, structure and initial course management for the bachelor's degree programme Tech + Data;
- Planning, content creation and implementation of introductory and in-depth a-synchronous courses with synchronous teaching components in the field of entrepreneurship;
- Planning and implementation of research projects including publication activities;
- Advising and supervising students;
- Developing appropriate assessment instruments and criteria, assessing the work and progress of students by reference to the criteria and providing constructive feedback to students;
- Supervising students projects, challenges and Bachelor theses;
- Establishing partnerships with companies and research institutions at our global learning centers;
- Administrative activities and committee work.
- Completed relevant university studies (e.g. in business studies, international business management or psychology);
- Fulfilment of the minimum requirements for the employment of professors according to §62 HHG:
- Successfully completed doctorate (PhD), i.e. proof of qualification for scientific work;
- Qualified professional experience of at least five years, three of which must have been gained outside academic institutions.
- International experience at universities desired;
- Ability to create and conduct courses in English;
- Publication and research activity ;
- Experience in a start-up environment and multi-project management is desirable;
- Ability to work in a team and strong communication skills;
- Organizational skills and hands-on mentality;
- Enthusiasm and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
What we offer:
- A fixed-term employment contract for initially three years with an option for extension (full-time, 40 hours);
- Competitive salary based on the Hessian standard for W2 professorships;
- The opportunity to take over the management of the study programme;
- Varied tasks in a meaningful and promising field of work with a positive social impact;
- The opportunity to effectively contribute your own strengths, interests and ideas in an agile team and to help shape the new university from the start;
- Flexible working hours taking into account the tasks at hand;
- A diverse and international working environment;
- Creative freedom for your own ideas and their implementation.
Are you interested in education and impact? Grow with us and shape the educational landscape!
At Tomorrow's Education we believe in the power of you and your own merit much more than we believe in degrees! Sounds strange for an educational provider? That's Tomorrow's Education!
We actively promote inclusion, equality and diversity and pursue the strategic goal of significantly increasing the proportion of women and people from traditionally under-represented groups in the research and learning community. Accordingly, we particularly welcome applications from people in all diversity groups.
To review your documents we need: Your CV, degree certificates incl. PhD, your teaching credentials and from your professional practice.
Contact for further questions:
HRIS & Finance Manager
Tel.: +49 152 36710131
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://tomorrowseducation.recruitee.com/o/professorship-tech-data-mfd-at-tomorrow-university-of-applied-sciences-igr abrufbar.