Within a Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) supported project the Department of Psychology, Clinical Psychology and Epidemiology, University of Basel (Prof. Dr. Roselind Lieb), is looking for applicants for a PhD position (100%).
The position is limited to three years and the earliest starting date is September 1st, 2023.
The project: The project will investigate the effects of an online interpretative bias modification training targeting dysfunctional interpretations in individuals who experience frequent and impairing unwanted intrusive thoughts. The training aims to reduce the negative emotional responses to stressful situations in vulnerable individuals and might ultimately supplement cognitive-behavioral therapy for obsessive-compulsive disorder. The project is embedded in international collaborations with the Institute of Psychiatry, London, and Radboud University, Nijmegen.
The tasks of the successful applicant include
- Implementation of on online experimental study
- Recruitment of participants
- Clinical interviews (SCID) and assessment of patients
- Data collection and data management
- Data analyses
- Writing for scientific publications
- Assisting with the coordination of the study procedures
- Presenting findings at national and international conferences
- An excellent master's degree in Psychology
- Excellent English and German (oral and written) language skills
- A strong interest in experimental research designs
- A good foundation in research methodology and statistics related to experimental designs
- Strong interest in scientific writing and publications
- Experience in the implementation of an empirical study (recruitment, preparing data sets, data analyses, etc.)
- Experience in the structured assessment of patients (SCID)
- Willingness to travel to the recruitment clinics
- An interest to teach at Bachelor and Master level in German
We offer you
The successful applicant will be offered individual mentoring and can take part in the University of Basel's doctoral programs designed to support the learning and needs of doctoral students en route to the doctoral degree. She or he will also benefit from excellent working conditions such as a competitive salary, an inspiring, internationally recognized working group and additional funding for conference travel.
Application / Contact
If you are interested, please send one single pdf document by June, 30st, 2023, to catherine.coste(at)unibas.ch with the subject “Application for Doctoral Position, CBM“.
Please address your application to Dr. Karina Wahl and include a cover letter, describing your motivation to pursue a PhD, your CV, copy of degrees, and a letter of recommendation. For more information please don't hesitate to contact karina.wahl(at)unibas.ch.
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://jobs.unibas.ch/offene-stellen/phd-position/ef62ca48-7c03-497a-8fe7-2a64e5e9bc57 abrufbar.