Department of Psychology, Applied Social and Health Psychology
Postdoc Position 80 %
We are seeking a highly motivated postdoctoral researcher in the area of health or social psychology to join the Applied Social- and Health Psychology lab, headed by Prof. Dr. Urte Scholz, in the Department of Psychology at the University of Zurich (Switzerland).
The appointment is for three years and financed by the lead agency project of the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF) and Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) "Developing a Taxonomy of Dyadic Behavior Change Techniques". This project was granted to Dr. Corina Berli and Prof. Dr. Urte Scholz (University of Zurich) together with Prof. Dr. Nina Knoll (Freie Universität Berlin) and Prof. Dr. Gertraud Stadler (Charité Universitätsmedizin Berlin), and is in collaboration with Prof. Dr. Caterina Gawrilow (Universität Tübingen). The project aims to develop and evaluate a comprehensive and reliable taxonomy of theory-based distinct, clear and precise dyadic behavior change techniques (DBCTs) to change a person's health-enhancing (e.g., physical activity, nutrition) or health-compromising (e.g., smoking, alcohol consumption) behaviors.
- Support and supervise a systematic literature search in the domain of health-compromising and health-enhancing behaviors conducted by PhD and master student coworkers at the University of Zurich and Freie Universität Berlin
- support and supervise the extraction and coding of the literature identified
- take responsibility for identifying theory of origin and targeted determinants for the development of the dyadic behavior change techniques
- prepare and lead a Delphi study
- conduct the coder training for applying the taxonomy
- Write own scientific articles / cooperate in the writing of articles of other scientists in the team and present own research on scientific conferences
- Ph.D. in psychology with extensive research experience in health or social psychology, or related fields of psychology
- very good methodological and statistical skills
- publication experience (in peer-reviewed journals), and
- a willingness and ability to work in a team and to collaborate on ongoing projects
- excellent spoken and written command of English; basic knowledge of German is helpful, but not required
What we offer
The University of Zurich provides excellent working conditions and is situated in the City of Zurich renowned for its high living standard. The successful candidate will work in a team of researchers in close collaboration. Salary and terms of employment are according to SNSF regulations.
Place of work
University of Zurich
Department of Psychology
Start of employment
Start date is 1st of May, 2021 (negotiable). To apply, please submit a cover letter describing your motivation to apply for this position, how you fulfill the above requirements, your research interests and career goals. Further, please provide the following documents and information:
- Curriculum vitae (including list of own publications)
- Scans of your diplomas / titles
- two reprints of your most important articles
- At least two referees (including contact details and how these persons relate to your work)
Please compile all these documents in one pdf file and send it until January 31, 2021.
Prof. Dr. Urte Scholz
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://jobs.uzh.ch/offene-stellen/postdoc-position/4535d772-d3b3-456e-8c77-7200720753fd abrufbar.