Institute of Educational Science
Ph.D. Students in the Area of Instructional Design 60 %
The Institute of Educational Science at the University of Zurich, Chair of Educational Technology (https://www.ife.uzh.ch/en/research/schneider.html) has a vacancy for a Research Assistant (60%) to start on 01.09.2023 or as agreed.
The chair of Educational Technology deals with issues related to education with digital media or in digital learning environments. This position is offered in this context and as part of the SNF-funded project entitled "Self-determination theory for instructional design: The effects and interrelations of basic psychological need support on learning with static and dynamic digital learning materials (SDT4ID)". This project deals with the potential benefits of using digital learning materials in the classroom and the importance of meeting students' basic psychological needs, namely autonomy, competence, and connectedness, for increasing motivation in the learning process. Researchers in this project will design and conduct experiments in secondary school classrooms to investigate how digital learning media design options can positively influence the perception of these psychological needs and whether a positive perception leads to improved learning.
- Collaboration in research and cooperation projects
- Writing your Ph.D. dissertation
- Conceptual development of digital teaching-learning scenarios
- Cooperation with schools to conduct experiments
- Academic publication and presentation activities
- Organizational work and academic self-administration
- Diploma in psychology, educational technology, educational science, or other comparable courses of study
- Strong interest in and willingness to write a dissertation in the research area of the chair
- Excellent knowledge of empirical, quantitative research methodology as well as statistics, especially in the field of implementation and evaluation of experimental designs as well as some knowledge on reviews and meta-analyses
- Stylistically confident in English (and German)
- High motivation, flexibility, reliability, and team spirit
What we offer
We offer a varied and challenging position in the stimulating environment of a dynamic team. The position is initially limited to 4 years. We are looking for a follow-up position. The conditions of employment are by university guidelines.
Place of work
Kantonsschulstrasse 3, Zürich, Switzerland
Start of employment
Employment start as of September 1th 2023 to be mutually agreed. Please submit your application by June 30, 2023 in electronic form (one pdf document) to Mrs. Caroline Fardo.
Jetzt online bewerben https://ohws.prospective.ch/public/v1/redirect/daa95ab4-9825-45b0-a3a8-18367ae02e89/ats/
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://jobs.uzh.ch/offene-stellen/ph-d-students-in-the-area-of-instructional-design/daa95ab4-9825-45b0-a3a8-18367ae02e89 abrufbar.