Implementation Science in Health Care
PhD Student Position in Implementation Science 60 %
The newly founded Institute for Implementation Science in Health Care IfIS is based at the Medical Faculty. Implementation Science is an applied research field dedicated to optimizing the integration of evidence-based practices and research findings into routine practice to improve the quality and effectiveness of health care. The field of implementation science draws upon participatory and complexity-science principles by actively engaging multiple stakeholders with their distinct knowledge and experience in order to identify and understand multilevel contextual influences on implementation processes.
The research group of Professor Lauren Clack Implementation Science in Health Care offers a PhD position in an SNF-funded hybrid effectiveness-implementation trial to implement antibiotic stewardship in Swiss primary care setting. Link
- Manage diverse project activities and take responsibility for implementation science tasks in this hybrid effectiveness-implementation trial.
- Coordinate project stakeholders particularly in French-speaking Switzerland.
- Collect and analyse qualitative (e.g. observations, semi-structured interviews) and quantitative (e.g. questionnaire) data in the above-mentioned project.
- Conduct literature reviews and synthesize scientific content.
- Disseminate research results through presentations at conferences and publications in peer reviewed journals.
- Supervise and support undergraduate students.
- Complete scientific qualifications for a PhD.
- Participate in the UZH PhD program Clinical Science.
- Master degree in implementation science, health services research, public health, psychology, sociology, health economics, behavioural science, or related fields. MD-PhD candidates will be considered.
- Strong interest in keeping up with emerging trends and best practices in implementation science.
- Strong planning and organisational skills, excellent oral and written communication and effective interprofessional skills.
- Fluent in French and English. German is an advantage.
- Self-motivated and comfortable taking initiative.
- Sound knowledge of empirical methods and advanced statistics.
- Excellent computer application knowledge (MS Office, SPSS, R).
What we offer
- The opportunity to shape the growing “Implementation Science in Health Care” research group activities.
- The possibility to make a real and tangible impact in healthcare research.
- A stimulating research environment and a place to grow academically and professionally.
- Opportunities to gain teaching and mentoring experience and strong support for your career development.
- An attractive work environment both within the research group and beyond: The University of Zurich is one of Switzerland's leading universities in the middle of a vibrant, cosmopolitan city.
- The PhD program in Clinical Science offers an interesting curriculum providing skills in Epidemiology and Biostatistics. A variety of additional courses e.g. on academic writing or presentation skills are available.
Place of work
Universitätstrasse 84, 8006 Zurich / Homeoffice
Start of employment
1 January 2023 or by agreement.
Application deadline for the Clinical Science PhD program is 1 July 2023.
Please submit your electronic application including a cover letter, curriculum vitae, publication record and certificates by 1 December 2022. In your cover letter, describe your motivation for completing a PhD in Implementation Science and any previous experience you have relevant to the field of Implementation Science.
Please contact Professor Lauren Clack if you have further questions on the position. lauren.clack(at)uzh.ch
For information on the PhD program Link and Clinical Science eMail clinical-science(at)dekmed.uzh.ch
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://jobs.uzh.ch/offene-stellen/phd-student-position-in-implementation-science/2fb4f4ab-4847-40d9-8889-2119590fc172 abrufbar.