Scientific staff/Assistant position
veröffentlicht am: 11.09.2018
Institut, Seminar, Klinik / Institute, Department, Clinic
Department of Psychology, University of Zurich
Abteilungsbeschreibung / Description of UZH unit
The Division Psychopathology and Clinical Intervention (chair: Prof. Dr. Dr. Andreas Maercker) has a major research focus on international psychological trauma research. The respective working group (head: Dr. Mareike Augsburger) investigates the integration of new modeling approaches for traumatic stress studies to better understand the progression of symptoms of mental disorder after adverse experiences.
The position is funded by the Swiss National Science foundation (program “digital lives”). The contract is initially limited to one year but can be extended if additional funding will be available.
Aufgabenbereich / Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be involved in a project predicting long-term health status from a large longitudinal dataset. Findings will have implications for improving mental health assessment and treatment.
Beschäftigungsgrad / Workload in % 60 %
Anforderungen / Qualifications
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
1) A recent very good master degree (or equivalent) in a subject with strong quantitative coursework related to health sciences (e.g. psychology, cognitive sciences, public health, epidemiology or similar)
2) At least basic knowledge of psychological concepts and disorders with a strong research interest in traumatic stress studies
3) Eagerness for data analyses and scientific writing
4) Excellent command of quantitative methods
5) Independent and highly motivated working style but also strong team player
Sprachkenntnisse / Language requirements
Good knowledge of English. Ability to speak and understand German is a plus.
Computerkenntnisse / Computer skills
Good knowledge of the R environment for statistical computing and relevant extensions is a must.
Spezielle Anforderungen / Special requirements
Valid working permit for Switzerland or member of the EU countries
Wir bieten / We offer
1) Gaining experience in research related to a cutting-edge topic, bridging different disciplines of quantitative methodology, psychology and clinical practice
2) International and inspiring research environment with opportunities for cooperations and networking
• Foundations for a PhD project; full support for further Phd grant applications
3) Opportunity for involvement in scientific publications and to develop skills in scientific writing and science communication
4) To develop skills in clinical research
For additional information about an employment at the University of Zurich please visit https://www.pa.uzh.ch/en/Willkommen-an-der-UZH.html
Stellenantritt / This position opens on November 1st 2018
Auskunft erteilt / More information
Dr. Mareike Augsburger
Bewerbungen / Application
Please send your application electronically as one PDF-file to Dr. Mareike Augsburger: m.augsburger(at)psychologie.uzh.ch. Applications should include a letter of interest, CV, relevant transcripts, and a writing example (e.g. excerpts from the master thesis).
Dr. Mareike Augsburger
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter http://www.jobs.uzh.ch/jobDetail.php?jobID=8473 abrufbar.