Postdoctoral Position in Neuroscience of Voice Processing Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience Lab
veröffentlicht am: 06.09.2018
Institut, Seminar, Klinik / Institute, Department, Clinic Psychologisches Institut
Abteilungsbeschreibung / Description of UZH unit
We invite applications for a Postdoctoral position at the University of Zurich (Switzerland) to work on a joint project by the Cognitive and Affective Neuroscience Lab (www.psychology.uzh.ch/en/chairs/kaneuro.html) at the Psy-chological Institute and the Phonetics Group (www.pholab.uzh.ch/en.html) at the Department of Computational Linguistics.
We are seeking a highly motivated and talented candidate to work on a project on the neuroscientific and phonetic implications of digital voice technology and on voice processing in digital contexts. The project is funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation (SNSF). We are looking for a person ideally with combined expertise in the field of human neuroscience and the field of phonetic aspects of speech and voice processing.
The starting date for the position should be as soon as possible but no later than January 2019. Employment volume will range between 60-80% and will be negotiated based on qualifications. Funding is available for 1.5 years.
Aufgabenbereich / Responsibilities
- Plan and run behavioral and neuroscientific experiments involving voice and speech perception
- Use of functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI), structural neuroimaging, and psychoacoustic methods
- Digital voice and speech synthesis
- Analysis of results
- Communication of scientific results in scientific publications and at scientific meetings
Beschäftigungsgrad / Workload in % 60-80 %
Anforderungen / Qualifications
- Relevant degree with excellent scores in a discipline related to neuroscience and/or phonetics (ideally com-bining both)
- Statistical and programming skills (i.e. Matlab, Python, Praat, etc.).
- Good knowledge of written and oral English
- Experience with neuroscientific methods, especially with structural and functional neuroimaging methods
- Experience with computational speech processing and/or voice synthesis algorithms
Sprachkenntnisse / Language requirements Good knowledge of written and oral English
Wir bieten / We offer
The University of Zürich provides an excellent research environment at the Department of Psychology (www.psy-chology.uzh.ch/index.html) and the Department of Computational Linguistics (www.cl.uzh.ch). We also offer a multidisciplinary and interactive neuroscientific environment within the framework of the Neuroscience Center Zürich (www.neuroscience.ethz.ch).
For additional information about an employment at the University of Zurich please visit https://www.pa.uzh.ch/en/Willkommen-an-der-UZH.html
Stellenantritt / This position opens on As soon as possible but no later than January 2019.
Auskunft erteilt / More information
Bewerbungen / Application
To be considered please stick to the following application format: - CV including contact details of two referees (max. 3 pages) - Statement describing motivations, personal qualifications and research interests (max. 2 pages) - Save application in one single pdf file with the file name “VoiceUZH_[SURNAME]_[name].pdf” - Send application by email to sascha.fruehholz(at)uzh.ch and volker.dellwo(at)uzh.ch. Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
Prof. Sascha Frühholz
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter http://www.jobs.uzh.ch/jobDetail.php?jobID=8468 abrufbar.