We are expanding our team and would like to fill a position in the psychology department with immediate effect:
Assistant Professor of Counselling Psychology (f/m/d)
Minimum 20 hours, up to full-time (40 hours/week)
Starting date: August 2023, initial contract limited for 3 years, with the possibility of extension
An Assistant Professor’s primary tasks are in research and teaching whereby additional administrative tasks are considered part of service records. The position holder is expected to establish an active, professional and appropriate research profile, maintain a standard 3/3 course load per year (basis full-time, 40 hours/week), the details of which are established in an annual performance agreement with his or her respective department head, and to maintain an appropriate annual scholarly output. Independent research, pursuit of collaboration in scholarly/scientific projects, and undergraduate and graduate thesis supervision are considered obligatory.
- Teach graduate courses in Counselling Psychology and undergraduate courses in the broader field of psychology;
- Maintain a scholarly output in accordance with annual performance agreements;
- Participate in research grant applications;
- Supervise student theses (at the graduate and undergraduate levels);
- Cooperate within the university team to strengthen the university’s Counseling Program;
- Manintain active communication and networking with the the relevant scientific community.
- Hold a doctoral degree in Psychology;
- Started or completed, and in Austria recognized, training for the profession of psychotherapist (with ministry registration); or
- Completed, and in Austria recognized, training for the profession of clinical psychologist;
- Demonstrated potential for achievement in academic research;
- Demonstrated potential for success in university-level teaching;
- Teaching excellence in English.
When applying, please provide:
- All required diplomas as indicated above;
- A cover letter addressing your experience relative to the responsibilities;
- A detailed curriculum vitae;
- A statement describing your commitment to diversity and contribution to an inclusive professional environment;
- A summary of your research profile including planned activities;
- A brief explanation of your teaching philosophy; and
- Three referees who will provide letters of recommendation upon request.
All applications must be sent online.
Deadline for applications: April 15, 2023. Interview dates can be set prior to the deadline.
WVPU is an equal opportunity employer – we are committed to a non-discriminatory employment policy and a diverse and inclusive community.
The University puts special emphasis on increasing the number of women among the faculty as well as in senior positions.
- Versatile tasks with corresponding responsibility and possibilities to grow in an academic environment whilst contributing to the success of the program;
- Research service support for grant applications;
- Flexible working hours, home office;
- Numerous Employee benefits;
- Top location in the 2nd district (Palais Wenkheim), next to U1 subway station;
- Collaboration with an international and highly engaged team.
As required by Austrian federal law we are obliged to disclose the minimum annual gross compensation for this position, which amounts to EUR 58,000.- (basis 40 hours/week); the final salary is depending on your relevant experience and qualifications.
The applicant must have the legal right to work in Austria.
For questions related to your application, please contact the HR Department: hrdepartment(at)webster.ac.at at WVPU, Praterstraße 23, A — 1020 Vienna.
Your privacy is important to us, and we take the General Data Protection Regulation seriously. It is our goal to be sensitive and respectful of your personal information and to adhere to all facets of the GDPR regulation. All personal data you provide are subject to our privacy notice.
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://www.webster.ac.at/academics/missionandvalues/join-wvpu.php abrufbar.