The University of Education Schwäbisch Gmünd is a leading university in the field of Education, Health and Interculturality. She is member of the Best Practice Club "Family at the University" and promotes Diversity and Gender Equality in each area of the university.
The Department of Social Pedagogy and Early Childhood Education at the University of Education Schwäbisch Gmünd is seeking an excellent candidate to fill the following academic position
University Assistant (doctoral position) in Early Childhood Education and Care (M/F)
- Ref. 2018/26
- Contract for 3 years with the possibility to extend for additional 3 years
- Half-time (19,5 hrs/p.w.)
- Employee status (TV-L E 13, German salary scale for civil services)
- Expected starting date is 1st April 2019
- The successful candidate is expected to live and work in Schwäbisch Gmünd during the contract term and participate in common activities at the Department
- Teaching of one course/ per semester (90 min/ week) in the undergraduate program Childhood Education (B.A.) in English (incl. Examination activities and supervision of students)
- Participation in research grant funding in the international network 'Cultures of Early Childhood Education and Care' (CECEC)
- Involvement in the department administration as well as in teaching and research administration
- Contribution to publications/scientific articles
- Contribution to the organization of conferences, meetings, symposiums
- We expect the successful candidate to sign a doctoral thesis agreement within 12-18 months
- The applicant must hold a master's degree or the equivalent in educational science, especially in early childhood education, or a related field. The applicant must have submitted his/her master's thesis for assessment prior to the application deadline. It is a condition of employment that the master's degree has been awarded
- The minimum requirements are generally grade B on master thesis and for the master degree in total
- Strong skills in qualitative and/or quantitative methods and experience in working with commonly used statistical software packages
- Ability to work independently and to cooperate with others
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of other West European languages is an advantage
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview.
- An varied work and research area at a small university in an attractive medieval city close to Stuttgart/ southern Germany
- A highly motivated, committed and team-oriented research and teaching staff
- Opportunity to undertake a doctorate in the international Research Network CECEC
Your Application must include:
- A cover letter including a brief account of your research interests and motivation for applying for the position
- The names and contact information of two reference persons. One of them must be the main advisor for the master's thesis or equivalent thesis
- Short doctoral proposal concerning to the research network above
- Transcripts and diplomas of the bachelor's and master's degrees (certified translated copies of the documents in English or German)
- Any other relevant certificates or documentation
Contact for additional information:
Prof. Dr. Dagmar Kasüschke, Research Unit CECEC
phone: +49 (0)7171 983 497
Closing date: 30 november 2018
Applications with supporting documentation should be submitted by the online-application button.
Severely disabled applicants are given preferential consideration in the event of equal qualification.
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://jobs.b-ite.com/jobposting/3bd7dcd932daa13a7afa6e7fb142b40d28c708e3?ref=homepage abrufbar.