The Institute of Cognitive Science of Osnabrück University invites applications for
1 Research Assistant
(Salary level E 13 TV-L, 75 %)
for a joint research project with the Department of Business Administration, Organization and Information Systems and the Center for Digital Learning, Campus Management and Higher Education Didactics. It addresses the individualization of studies by means of digital data-driven assistants and the utilization of external (open) educational resources (OER).
The position is to be filled as soon as possible for a period until April 30, 2022. Depending on the success of the project, employment may be extended by another 2.5 years.
- Development of hardware and software for the collection and analysis of self-regulatory processes, specifically recording EEG data of subjects in virtual or real world situations.
- Applicants are expected to hold an academic degree (Diploma/Master) in either cognitive science, biology, psychology, neuroscience, computer science or equivalent
- High, interdisciplinary communication and teamwork skills
- Experience in interdisciplinary multisite project work
- Experience in the analysis of physiological and behavioural data, e.g. recording of eye movements and EEG, as well as proficiency in modern machine learning methods
Osnabrück University has been certified as a family-friendly university committed to helping working/studying parents and carers balance their family and work life.
The university aspires to ensure equal opportunities for men and women and strives to work towards a gender balance in schools or departments where new appointments are made.
If equally qualified candidates apply, preference will be given to those with special needs.
Applications with the usual documentation should be submitted by e-mail in a single PDF file to office(at)ikw.uni-osnabrueck.de no later than March 27, 2019.
Further information may be obtained by email from Prof. Dr. Peter König (pkoenig(at)uni-osnabrueck.de).
We are looking forward to receiving your application.
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://www.uni-osnabrueck.de/universitaet/stellenangebote/stellenangebote_detail/49_ikw_research_assistant.html abrufbar.