Research Fellow (PhD Candidate) at the Center for Digital Transformation - TUM School of Management (m/f/d) (Pay group 13 TV-L, 100%)
10.11.2021, Wissenschaftliches Personal
We are looking for a research fellow (PhD candidate) (m/f/d) in the field of Digital Marketing at the TUM Campus Heilbronn for a limited period of 3 years with the option of extension. The position is available as of January 1, 2022 or later. The possibility of a doctorate is given and desired. The research fellow will also engage in teaching. In research, teaching and executive education, the Digital Marketing team led by Prof. Dr. Martin Meißner is particularly concerned with the research topics social media, virtual and augmented reality as well as decision research. In almost all research projects, we use a quantitative-empirical research approach and advanced methods, such as eye tracking or text mining. The research projects are geared towards interdisciplinary cooperation with the fields of information systems, innovation management and psychology.
The TUM Campus in Heilbronn is part of the renowned Technical University of Munich, which is one of the best universities in Europe. Top performance in research and teaching, interdisciplinarity and talent promotion are its hallmarks. In addition, it has strong alliances with companies and with scientific institutions around the world. TUM is one of the first three universities of excellence in Germany. The TUM School of Management is also the first management school at a technical university in Germany to receive Triple Crown accreditation. Worldwide, only about 80 institutions (about 1%) can boast this distinction.
The Center for Digital Transformation researches issues related to digitalization, its challenges, and opportunities. Our goal is to develop solutions through practice-oriented research and thus generate direct benefits for the economy and society. New findings flow directly into teaching to prepare our students for the tasks of the future.
- Successful completion of your dissertation under professional supervision
- Involvement in high-quality research projects with the aim to publish them in international journals
- Presentation of project results at international conferences
- Teaching in the field of marketing
- Supervision of Bachelor and Master students
- Administrative duties
- Exchange and cooperation with universities and research institutions as well as with business practice
- A Master degree in business or related fields that includes but is not limited to business administration, information systems, computer science, or psychology
- Above-average achievements in your studies
- Strong analytical abilities and interest in quantitative-empirical research
- Strong interest in scientific work with the aim to obtain a doctoral degree
- Very good written and oral command of the English language
- Be highly motivated and keen to work in an interdisciplinary research environment
- A highly interdisciplinary research unit (Center of Digitalization) with currently 6 professors and 18 PhD students
- Participation in international conferences
- An international scientific network
- A diverse and fair working environment
- Support in reconciling work and family life
- Extensive advanced training opportunities
We look forward to receiving your informative and complete application documents (cover letter, curriculum vitae, academic transcripts, possibly internship/work references) via e-mail by December 10, 2021 to email@example.com quoting the keyword “Digital Marketing”.
The Technical University of Munich aims to increase the proportion of women and explicitly encourages applications from qualified women. Applications from disabled persons will be given preference in the case of essentially equal suitability and qualifications. The position can also be filled on a part-time basis. Employment is on a salaried basis, depending on qualifications, with remuneration in accordance with the collective wage agreement of the federal states (TV-L E13).
Hinweis zum Datenschutz:
Im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung um eine Stelle an der Technischen Universität München (TUM) übermitteln Sie personenbezogene Daten. Beachten Sie bitte hierzu unsere Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. Durch die Übermittlung Ihrer Bewerbung bestätigen Sie, dass Sie die Datenschutzhinweise der TUM zur Kenntnis genommen haben.
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://portal.mytum.de/jobs/wissenschaftler/NewsArticle_20211110_090956 abrufbar.