Postdoc or Predoc Positions (100%) in Computational Modeling of Cognition and Behavior (m/f/d)
06.03.2023, Wissenschaftliches Personal
Being one of the best faculties in Economics in Germany, the TUM School of Management is building a unique bridge between Management and Technology within an international teaching and learning environment. The Chair for Behavioral Research Methods (Prof. Thorsten Pachur) at the Technical University of Munich, School of Management, is seeking applicants for the following positions: 2 Postdoc or Predoc Positions (100%) in Computational Modeling of Cognition and Behavior (m/f/d)
Requirements / Qualifications
- Candidates should have completed (or are completing) a Master’s degree in psychology, cognitive science, computer science, behavioral economics, or related fields.
- Interest in interdisciplinary research on topics of cognitive science (e.g., decision making, memory, categorization)
- Interest and experience in the study of cognitive and affective processes (also including individual differences and/or developmental changes across the life span) is desirable
- Experience with (or interest in) computational modeling (including machine learning, computational linguistics, Bayesian modeling) and/or process tracing (e.g., eye tracking, mousetracking) is desirable.
- Experience with programming languages such as R, Matlab, or Python is highly desirable.
- Strong skills in quantitative analysis, statistics, and experimental methods
- Enthusiasm for conducting high-quality and innovative experimental research
- Intellectual curiosity and an interest in pursuing a career in academia
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a research team
- Good communication skills
- Very good proficiency in English (oral and written)
- Conducting high-quality research
- Supporting the teaching and supervision activities of the Chair of Behavioral Research Methods
- After an initial trial period, the positions are for a 3-year term with the possibility of extension(s).
- The working language of the department is English.
- Our group has an excellent collegial atmosphere, with regular academic and other social activities, including scientific talks and informal get-togethers.
- More information on the Chair for Behavioral Research Methods is available here: https://www.msl.mgt.tum.de/en/brm/home/
- A stimulating, dynamic, and multi-disciplinary research environment with excellent resources
- A diverse and demanding job within a modern and prestigious university environment
- Opportunity to work at the intersection of cognitive science and behavioral economics
- Attractive remuneration within the TV-L E14 (for postdocs) and TV-L E13 (for predocs) tariff plan
- Full-time (100% ) position
- The position is available from May 2023 onwards, but later start dates are possible.
- The TUM School of Management is located in the vicinity of several lakes and close to the Alps. Munich itself is a beautiful and cosmopolitan place to live and work.
For full consideration, please submit a cover letter describing your research interests and motivation for applying to the position, a curriculum vitae, and one single representative paper (published or working paper). We are kindly asking you to submit your application without a photo. All documents should be sent as a single PDF file, with your name as the file name, sent via email to office.brm(at)mgt.tum.de before April 14th, 2023. TUM strives to raise the proportion of women in its workforce and explicitly encourages applications from qualified women. Applications from disabled persons with essentially the same qualifications will be given preference.
For further information, please do not hesitate to email us. We look forward to your application!
Technical University of Munich
School of Management
Chair for Behavioral Research Methods
Prof. Dr. Thorsten Pachur
Hinweis zum Datenschutz:
Im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung um eine Stelle an der Technischen Universität München (TUM) übermitteln Sie personenbezogene Daten. Beachten Sie bitte hierzu unsere Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung. Durch die Übermittlung Ihrer Bewerbung bestätigen Sie, dass Sie die Datenschutzhinweise der TUM zur Kenntnis genommen haben.
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://portal.mytum.de/jobs/wissenschaftler/NewsArticle_20230306_130947 abrufbar.