(TVL – E13, 100%)
Doctoral student position in Entrepreneurship / Family Enterprise (m/f/x)
08.05.2020, Wissenschaftliches Personal
TUM School of Management at TUM Campus Heilbronn invites applications for a
doctoral student (m/f/x)
at the newly founded Global Center for Family Enterprise (Prof. Dr. Miriam Bird). Expected starting date is September 2020 or by mutual agreement. The doctoral student will join a large-scale research project on the topic of “entrepreneurial teams”. The position (m/f/x) is limited to 36 months (extension for another 12 months is possible). The project will explore exciting questions around the topic of entrepreneurial teams, such as how power is allocated among team members, how employees can complement the entrepreneurial team and entrepreneurial team dynamics.
Founded in 2002, TUM School of Management is part of TUM, one of the leading technical universities in the world. TUM was one of the first universities in Germany to be named a University of Excellence. With its strong research environment and close ties to industry, the school constantly scores well in rankings, currently listed as the strongest German business school for research, and #9 in Europe for M.Sc. programs in entrepreneurship. The TUM Campus Heilbronn is a dynamic organization whose goal is to achieve excellence in research, teaching and impact.
- the opportunity to work on an international research project on the topic of entrepreneurial teams. You will work with a highly experienced and motivated team of scholars
- the opportunity to present your work at international conferences and publish your work together with members of the research team in leading journals
- the possibility to contribute to teaching as well as outreach activities at the Global Center for Family Enterprise
- provision of training as well as developmental support throughout your time at our institute and
- active involvement in several outreach activities and efficient communication of your research
We look for…
- a team player with completed master's degree in management, (organizational) psychology, sociology, economics, business informatics, or related subjects
- with a strong passion for entrepreneurship and/or family business research
- with a solid knowledge of empirical research (quantitative or qualitative) methods
- with knowledge of statistics and ideally statistical software programs such as Stata, SAS or R (skills in working with large datasets are highly desirable) and
- excellent organizational and oral/written communications skills (command of the German language is an asset but not a must)
Please send a cover letter (specifying a possible starting date), your CV, and relevant university and work certificates in one pdf-file to email@example.com. Closing Date for applications is June 10, 2020.
For further information about this position please contact Ms. Selina Mögerle (firstname.lastname@example.org). As an equal opportunity employer, TUM explicitly encourages applications from women as well as from all others who would bring additional diversity dimensions to the university. Preference will be given to disabled candidates with essentially the same qualifications.
Hinweis zum Datenschutz:
Im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung um eine Stelle an der Technischen Universität München (TUM) übermitteln Sie personenbezogene Daten. Beachten Sie bitte hierzu unsere Datenschutzhinweise gemäß Art. 13 Datenschutz-Grundverordnung (DSGVO) zur Erhebung und Verarbeitung von personenbezogenen Daten im Rahmen Ihrer Bewerbung: http://go.tum.de/554159. Durch die Übermittlung Ihrer Bewerbung bestätigen Sie, dass Sie die Datenschutzhinweise der TUM zur Kenntnis genommen haben.
Kontakt: Selina Mögerle, email@example.com
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://portal.mytum.de/jobs/wissenschaftler/NewsArticle_20200508_082513 abrufbar.