Are you looking for a meaningful career? A career in which you can make a difference in the lives of other people? At the University of Luxembourg, we believe in the dignity, uniqueness, potential, and worth of each individual on campus. We understand that diversity is critical to our commitment to engage with the world and that excellence in education includes the development of the emotional, intellectual and social elements of our students.
The University of Luxembourg values the contribution that everyone can make to our campus community. We recognize that only as an inclusive community can we conquer society’s big challenges – especially those that divide us.
With over 6000 students, the University of Luxembourg is home to a growing student community of people with diverse backgrounds, abilities and interests. We are committed to promoting diversity and strengthening an open, inclusive and safe environment for all persons on campus.
The University of Luxembourg is looking for its student services team (SEVE) a:
Inclusion Officer (m/f)
- Ref: AC-50016051
- Permanent contract
- Full time (40 hours/week) / 2 x part-time possible
- Earliest starting date: 1 March 2020
- Act as an advocate for and present the needs of students on campus
- Hold individual counselling and advisory sessions with students
- Be a mentor to students and a resource to faculty/staff on campus
- Raise awareness of and provide guidance on a range of equality issues and promote change
- Develop sensitive record keeping to monitor inclusion needs
- Design and deliver inclusion programs, workshops and presentations to foster campus cohesion
- Prepare and distribute publicity materials and displays
- Represent the Inclusion office at University events e.g. Open Day, Welcome Day
- Collaborate with local community groups and relevant organizations
- Support and represent the university at national and international inclusion initiatives
- A Master degree in psychology, counselling, social/community work, education or youth studies
- Previous experience (2+ years) working with young people from diverse populations
- The ability to relate to a wide range of people
- Team player with strong communication and relationship management skills
- Empathy, patience, open-mindedness and confidence
- Fluent in spoken and written English, and excellent oral and written skills in French, as well as willingness to improve fluency in languages generally. German and Luxembourgish are an advantage
- Exciting position with possibilities for development and creativity
- An enthusiastic interdisciplinary team of professionals
- Inspiring, multilingual and international working environment
- Opportunity to participate in and contribute to the development of the new student service team
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://recruitment.uni.lu/en/details.html?id=QMUFK026203F3VBQB7V7VV4S8&nPostingID=45676&nPostingTargetID=60979&mask=karriereseiten&lg=UK abrufbar.