Doctoral Candidate (PhD) in Consumer Behavior in Energy Information Systems
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract Duration: 36 Month
SnT is a leading international research and innovation centre in secure, reliable and trustworthy ICT systems and services. We play an instrumental role in Luxembourg by fueling innovation through research partnerships with industry, boosting R&D investments leading to economic growth, and attracting highly qualified talent.
The Centre is rapidly expanding its research activities and is seeking highly motivated doctoral candidates who wish to pursue research in close cooperation with our partners. For further information you may check: www.securityandtrust.lu and wwwen.uni.lu/snt/research/finatrax
We’re looking for people driven by excellence, excited about innovation, and looking to make a difference. If this sounds like you, you’ve come to the right place!
Successful candidates will join the young, vibrant, and interdisciplinary FINATRAX Research Group, which builds bridges between business research and information systems engineering. The group conducts research on the application and the impact of digital technologies like DLT/Blockchain, Digital Identities, Machine Learning/AI, and IoT/5G on organisations from both the private and public sectors. The group consists of doctoral and post-doctoral researchers from diverse backgrounds (e.g., policy, business, technology), united in pursuit of sustainable technologies that positively impact society.
Successful candidates will have the opportunity to make an important contribution to shape the electricity system in Luxembourg. Therefore, candidates will be working together in a research project with creos, the major grid operator in Luxembourg. The topic of the project is Flexibility potentials and user Behaviour Analysis, and the goal is to systematically assess how the different energy sectors (Industry, Households, SMEs, Mobility) in Luxembourg will react in a future electricity system which is exposed to a higher volatility. Next to these activities, successful candidates will carry out research in the context of Prof. Fridgen’s PayPal-FNR PEARL Research Grant with the topic digitalization of energy systems.
The candidate should possess an MSc degree or equivalent in Information Systems, (Technology) Management, (Business) Psychology, (Managerial) Economics, Social Sciences or a related field.
What we are looking for:
A collaborative team player with a desire to make a personal impact within our interdisciplinary research group The commitment to participate in the design and implementation of high-quality solutions that solve significant problems Self-initiative, creativity, curiosity, flexibility and enthusiasm to work
Knowledge and Experience:
The ideal candidate should have some knowledge and/or experience in one or several of the following areas:
- Qualitative and/or Quantitative research method(s) and techniques such as interviews, surveys or statistical methods
- Energy consumption behaviour of individuals
- User acceptance and data privacy
- Effects of non-monetary incentives on energy consumption (e.g. nudging, gamification)
- Decarbonization and the energy system
Language Skills:Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are required. Knowledge of either French, German or Luxembourgish will be appreciated but are not a requirement to apply.
Here’s what awaits you at SnT
- A stimulating learning environment. Here post-docs and professors outnumber PhD students. That translates into access and close collaborations with some of the brightest ICT researchers, giving you solid guidance
- Exciting infrastructures and unique labs. At SnT’s two campuses, our researchers can take a walk on the moon at the LunaLab, build a nanosatellite, or help make autonomous vehicles even better
- The right place for IMPACT. SnT researchers engage in demand-driven projects. Through our Partnership Programme, we work on projects with more than 45 industry partners
- Multiple funding sources for your ideas. The University supports researchers to acquire funding from national, European and private sources
- Competitive salary package. The University offers a 12 month-salary package, over six weeks of paid time off, health insurance and subsidised living and eating
- Be part of a multicultural family. At SnT we have more than 60 nationalities. Throughout the year, we organise team-building events, networking activities and more
But wait, there’s more!
- Complete picture of the perks we offer
- Discover our Partnership Programme
- Download the brochure: Why choose SnT for your PhD?
Students can take advantage of several opportunities for growth and career development, from free language classes to career resources and extracurricular activities.
Applications in English should be submitted online and include:
- A cover letter including:
A statement on the candidate’s personal motivation for applying (why a doctoral program, why in Luxembourg, minimum 300 words)
A statement on the candidate’s motivation for applying for this topic (minimum 300 words)
- Full CV, including the contact address and work experience
- Transcript of all modules and results from university-level courses taken (Bachelor’s and Master’s degree or equivalent)
- Candidate’s higher education entrance qualification (e.g., high school diploma)
- Reference letters by prior employers
All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Early application is highly encouraged, as the applications will be processed upon reception. Please apply formally through the HR system. Applications by email will not be considered.
The University of Luxembourg embraces inclusion and diversity as key values. We are fully committed to removing any discriminatory barrier related to gender, and not only, in recruitment and career progression of our staff.
About the University of Luxembourg
University of Luxembourg is an international research university with a distinctly multilingual and interdisciplinary character. The University was founded in 2003 and counts more than 6,700 students and more than 2,000 employees from around the world. The University’s faculties and interdisciplinary centres focus on research in the areas of Computer Science and ICT Security, Materials Science, European and International Law, Finance and Financial Innovation, Education, Contemporary and Digital History. In addition, the University focuses on cross-disciplinary research in the areas of Data Modelling and Simulation as well as Health and System Biomedicine. Times Higher Education ranks the University of Luxembourg #3 worldwide for its “international outlook,” #20 in the Young University Ranking 2021 and among the top 250 universities worldwide.
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://recruitment.uni.lu/en/details.html?id=QMUFK026203F3VBQB7V7VV4S8&nPostingID=71336&nPostingTargetID=103011&mask=karriereseiten&lg=UK abrufbar.