Contract Type: Permanent
DATA ANALYST (*gn)
The University of Luxembourg aspires to be one of Europe’s most highly regarded universities with a distinctly international and interdisciplinary character. It fosters the cross-fertilisation of research and teaching, is relevant to its country, is known worldwide for its research and teaching in targeted areas and is establishing itself as an innovative model for contemporary European Higher Education. It`s core asset is its well-connected world-class academic staff which will attract the most motivated, talented and creative students and young researchers who will learn to enjoy taking up challenges and develop into visionary thinkers able to shape society.
The University of Luxembourg is looking to hire a Data Analyst to join the team of analysts in the Office of Statistics and Institutional Researchat the University of Luxembourg - starting in September 2020. The University is looking to enhance its data exploration and data analysis capabilities.
The Office of Statistics and Institutional Research is a unit within the University of Luxembourg that performs analyses for the Rectorate, the Management Board and the Governing Council of the University and various stakeholders across the University. The University of Luxembourg is a young, growing University located in the heart of Europe with a very multinational and multicultural environment.
- Help in the collection and analysis of data, such as student / graduate data, for internal and external reporting (e.g. University rankings, data submissions to national and international organisations)
- Conduct ad hoc analyses to answer internal and external requests
- Help build up the data collection, data analysis and data visualization capacity of the Office
- Cooperate with internal stakeholders such as the student administration, IT unit, data protection office in the provision and management of data
- Support the implementation of surveys such as student and employee surveys, graduate surveys
- Master degree in social sciences with a quantitative orientation, statistics, mathematics, information technology or equivalent
- Knowledge of one or more statistical software programmes such as R, SAS, SPSS
- Experience in carrying out analysis of data using a wide range of quantitative methodologies
- Ability to prepare and present highly complex information to a variety of professional and lay audiences (including detailed statistical information) in an understandable form
- Good understanding of relational databases construction, structure and exploitation
- Fluent in English, knowledge of German or French will be an advantage
- Problem solving and analytical skills with a high degree of analytical rigour
- Excellent team player with welcoming and service orientated attitude
You will work in a dynamic international environment. All applications are treated in strict confidence. The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunity employer.
This is a permanent contract, starting in September 2020.
*gn = gender neutral
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://recruitment.uni.lu/en/details.html?nPostingId=49576&nPostingTargetId=66319&id=QMUFK026203F3VBQB7V7VV4S8&LG=UK&mask=karriereseiten&sType=Social%20Recruiting abrufbar.