The University of Luxembourg is a multilingual, international research university.
The University of Luxembourg is recruiting for the Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education (FLSHASE) an:
Associate Professor for Computational Cognitive Science and Modelling (m/f)
- Ref. F3-50011988
- Open-ended contract
- Full-time (40 hours / week)
- Employee status
The Associate Professor will be a member of the Research Institute “Cognitive Science and Assessment” (COSA) currently in the research unit “Education, Culture, Cognition and Society (ECCS)” and foreseen to be affiliated to the future department “Behavioural & Cognitive Sciences” as of 2020. COSA is concerned with quantitative, experimental and interdisciplinary research on cognition, learning and assessment, as well as user-experience.
This Associate Professor will be a specialist in computational cognitive science, data science and modelling. (S)he should demonstrate expertise in various modelling methods (e.g., Bayesian decision theory, Network analysis, reinforcement learning) and analysis methods including machine learning approaches (e.g., SVM, Neural Networks, educational data mining). The Associate Professor masters state of the art methods to design and implement such computational models and (s)he will strive to further develop these methods with respect to their statistical and methodological foundations. The professorship should also have a clear focus on the application of these methods in the fields of Psychology, Neuroscience and/or Education.
The Associate Professor will demonstrate experience in collaborative, cross-disciplinary work and in scientific outreach. (S)he will systematically strive to connect fundamental and applied research and adapt the research content to the needs of the national research landscape, while at the same time firmly embedding it in cutting-edge international research efforts. The professor will contribute to attract and train bright students to the University of Luxembourg.
The Associate Professor will teach especially in the Bachelor of Psychology and in both tracks of the Master of Psychology. Additionally, s/he may occasionally teach in the Bachelor Sciences de l’Éducation and the Bachelor Sciences Sociales et Educative. Moreover (s)he will supervise and train PhD students at the FLSHASE. Finally, Associate Professor will contribute to any study programme developed in the future with the Computational Science Department of the FSTC.
Prof. Dr. Christine Schiltz
Department of Behavioural and Cognitive Sciences
Telephone : (+352) 46 66 44 9529
- expertise in computational methods applied to psychology, neuroscience and/or education;
- expertise in state-of-the-art (multivariate) statistics and machine learning;
- experience in behavioural and neuroimaging data collection;
- mentoring and management experience;
- experience with interdisciplinary research;
- experience with public outreach;
- visibility in the scientific community.
Qualifications, experience, aptitude
- outstanding Ph.D. in Computational Cognitive Science, Psychology or related fields (e.g., Statistics, Computer Science);
- a minimum of three years of post-doctoral experience acquired in a university or comparable research centre or equivalent;
- an appropriate international research profile as evidenced by peer-reviewed publications, conference participation, and collaboration in international research initiatives;
- demonstrated capability to attract competitive third-party research funding;
- university-level teaching experience at the undergraduate and the postgraduate level.
The University of Luxembourg is set in a multilingual context. The person hired on this position must be proficient in English and either French or German. The University encourages its staff to learn the other language and provides access to language courses to this end.
As part of the application process specifically for academic positions, please follow the instructions below.
Candidates are asked to send their full application (in English) ONLY via the following link: ulsurvey.uni.lu/index.php/385451
until 10 February 2020
including the following documents:
- cover letter;
- curriculum vitae including information on external research funding acquired;
- copies of diplomas;
- list of publications;
- copies of recent publications (max. 5) relevant for the field in question;
- list of courses taught;
- a list of three referees with their names, addresses and present positions. Please indicate their relationship to you.
Prof. Dr. Georg Mein
Dean of the Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunities employer.
The University of Luxembourg wants to achieve gender parity in its academic positions and wants to eliminate obstacles to the recruitment of female professors and to their career development. In case candidates present equivalent CVs, the University will give the preference to women in all departments where gender parity is not yet achieved.
Apply for job: emea3.recruitmentplatform.com/appproc/index.cfm=
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://recruitment.uni.lu/en/details.html?id=QMUFK026203F3VBQB7V7VV4S8&nPostingID=44683&nPostingTargetID=59108&mask=karriereseiten&lg=UK abrufbar.