The University of Luxembourg is recruiting for the Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education (FLSHASE) a
Associate Professor of Inclusive Education and Learning Difficulties (m/f)
- Ref. F3-50010782
- Permanent contract
- Employee status
This professorship is for a specialist in Inclusive/Special Education and Learning Difficulties. (S)he should demonstrate expertise in the development and implementation of diagnostic and interventions procedures for children and adults with a range of developmental disorders (including Dyslexia, Specific Language Impairment, Dyscalculia, Dyspraxia, Attention Deficits, Autism Spectrum Disorders), behavioural issues and/or physical handicaps (e.g. blindness, deafness, paralysis). Moreover she/he will raise awareness in society about disability rights and diversity.
The Associate Professor is an expert for research on and field work with respect to developmental disorders, handicap and diversity in education. Critically (s)he should also demonstrate experience in implementing specific arrangements of teaching procedures and innovative material allowing to address individual differences, special needs and inclusion in learning.
The Associate Professor will draft a proposal for a Master programme in Inclusive Education focusing on learning difficulties, special education needs and handicap. She/he will work with other study course directors to coordinate relevant contents and establish synergies with other programmes at BA, MA and doctoral levels and engage in the Bachelor Sciences de l’Éducation, in the Bachelor Sciences Sociales et Educatives, in the Master Psychological intervention, in the Master Social and Educational Science and in the supervising and training of PhD students at the FLSHASE.
- Expertise in the field of inclusive/special education;
- Expertise in diagnostic and intervention of learning difficulties, developmental disorders, behavioural issues and/or physical handicaps in education;
- Administrative experience, preferably in the administration of study programmes and other fields related to science and education;
- Organizational experience
- Experience with interdisciplinary research.
Qualifications, experience, aptitude
- Ph.D. in Inclusive/Special Education, Psychology or Social Sciences;
- a minimum of three years of post-doctoral experience acquired in a university or comparable research centre;
- an appropriate international research profile as evidenced by peer-reviewed; publications, conference participation, and collaboration in international research initiatives
- university-level teaching experience at the undergraduate and the postgraduate level.
The University of Luxembourg is set in a multilingual context. The person hired on this position must be proficient in English and in one of the two official languages of Luxembourg: French or German. The University encourages its staff to learn the other official language and provides access to language courses to this end.
Prof. Dr. Christine Schiltz
Research Unit ECCS
Telephone : (+352) 46 66 44 9529
As part of the application process specifically for academic positions, please follow the instructions below.
Candidates are asked to send their full application (in French, German or English) ONLY via the following link: http://ulsurvey.uni.lu/index.php/952233?lang=en
until 5 September 2019
including the following documents:
- cover letter ;
- curriculum vitae including information on external research funding acquired ;
- copies of diplomas ;
- list of publications ;
- copies of recent publications (max. 5) relevant for the field in question;
- list of courses taught;
- a list of three referees with their name, address and present position. Please indicate their relationship to you.
Prof. Dr. Georg Mein
Dean of the Faculty of Language and Literature, Humanities, Arts and Education
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence.
The University of Luxembourg is an equal opportunities employer.
The University of Luxembourg wants to achieve gender parity in its academic positions and wants to eliminate obstacles to the recruitment of female professors and to their career development. In case candidates present equivalent CVs, the University will give the preference to women in all departments where gender parity is not yet achieved.
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://recruitment.uni.lu/en/details.html?id=QMUFK026203F3VBQB7V7VV4S8&nPostingID=35036&nPostingTargetID=51042&mask=karriereseiten&lg=UK abrufbar.