Professor of General Psychology at the university branch in Ljubljana
The approach to psychology represented at the SFU is embedded explicitly within the cultural and social sciences. In this respect, the SFU offers an enriched approach of psychology going beyond the scope of the natural sciences; the scope of psychology at the SFU focused on approaches of scientific diversity, emphasizing their roots in varying views of the world and influences of heterogeneous historical, cultural, and geo-political situations. According to its central strategic document, the development plan, the scientific excellence claim for appointments, favorable research conditions, good care relationships and the promotion of young academics are among the primary guiding principles and objectives of the university.
Beschäftigungsausmaß: full employment (permanent position)
Organisationseinheit: Professor of General Psychology
Ende der Bewerbungsfrist: 30.09.2021
Bewerbungen an: karin.dlouhy(at)sfu.ac.at
- Representation of the subject in research and teaching
- Promoting young academics and supervising dissertations
- Implementation of basic and special lectures in the bachelor’s and master’s degree psychology as well as participation in the doctoral program
- Participation in university management
- Developing research strategies and leading future research projects at the department
- Potentially, leading the Psychology Department as Department Head
- PhD in psychology or a discipline (cognitive sciences, neurosciences) relevant to the subject, as well as a relevant habilitation or equivalent scientific achievements
- Excellent research qualification in general psychology, proven by internationally competitive research and publication performance over the last five years
- Relevant university teaching experience and highly indecisive competence
- Leadership skills, communication skills and teamwork
- A clear vision on future developments in the respective fields of research
- An extensive international academic network
- Excellent English in speaking and writing
The following are desirable:
- If respective skills and experience exist, the role of Department Head will be offered
- Research focus in the field of emotional psychology, judgments and decisions, social cognition and / or modeling of cognitive processes
- Further research areas in one or more of the following areas: (1) labor, organizational and economic psychology, (2) biological psychology and neurosciences, (3) health psychology, (4) clinical psychology (5) social psychology
- Experience in the acquisition of third party funds and in the management of third party projects
- Experience with interdisciplinary and international cooperation
The scope of the professorship is that the future professor will move the work center to Ljubljana (including close work relation with the Faculty of Psychology in Vienna).
The university aims to increase the proportion of women in scientific staff, especially in management functions, and therefore explicitly encourages women to apply. Women are given priority with equal qualifications. People with disabilities or chronic diseases who meet the required qualifications are expressly invited to apply. The university particularly welcomes applications from people with a migration background.
Your application, consisting of a maximum of five-page compulsory part, a complete list of publications and lectures and the courses of the past five academic years as well as any supplementary documents (e.g. lecturing courses) should be handed in electronically for the attention of the Rector’s Office Director, Mrs. Karin Dlouhy, MSc. (karin.dlouhy(at)sfu.ac.at).
Quantitative research indicators (h-index and number of citations according to Web of Science and Google Scholar, third-party funding) should be included. Please attach a research concept (max 3 pages), a list of third-party funded projects as well as three representative publications to your application.
The submission of the above mentioned part is a necessary condition for your valid application. For further information regarding the content of your application please contact the Head of the Dean’s office, Faculty of Psychology, Mag. Peter Lasinger (peter.lasinger(at)sfu.ac.at).
There is no entitlement to compensation for travel and subsistence expenses incurred as a result of the admission procedure.
The deadline for applications is the 30th September, 2021.
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://www.sfu.ac.at/de/stellenausschreibung/professor-of-general-psychology-at-the-university-branch-in-ljubljana/ abrufbar.