Faculty of Human Sciences
Junior Research Group „Intuition and Trust“
With approximately 50,000 students, the University of Cologne is one of the largest universities in Germany and ranks among the Excellence Universities. It employs over 600 professors and 7,000 academic and non-academic staff.
The position is embedded in the Junior Research Group „Intuition and Trust“ (http://soccco.uni-koeln.de/digital-trust.html) under the direction of the Social and Economic Cognition II professorship (Topolinski). The project combines psychological constructs with economic paradigms to explore intuitive decision-making under the influence of rust and security in digital interactions.
- Preparing and carrying out the studies planned in the project
- Preparing corresponding publications
- Presenting the research results at national and international conferences
- A dissertation is desired and will be explicitly supported
- Teaching is optional but not obligatory
- Recently earned advanced degree (Master of Science or equivalent) in Psychology
- Very good knowledge of social-psychological experimental research
- Very good knowledge of research methods and statistics
- Fluent English skills (both spoken and written); German is not required
- Very good analytical-critical skills
- You should be a team-player and be willing to take over responsibilities
We offer you
- An interdisciplinary network with internationally renowned researchers thanks to the professorship‘s membership in the Social Cognition Center Cologne (SoCCCo) and in the Center for Social and Economic Behavior (C-SEB)
- A diverse and fair working environment
- Support in reconciling work and family life
- Flexible working time models
- Extensive advanced training opportunities
- Occupational health management offers
- Local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
The position is available from the 15th of January 2019 on a part-time basis (70%). It is limited to 2.25 years. If the applicant meets the relevant wage requirements and personal qualifications, the salary is based on remuneration group 13 TV-L of the pay scale for the German public sector.
The University of Cologne promotes equal opportunities and diversity in its employment relations. Women are expressly encouraged to apply and given priority in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz – LGG NRW). We expressly welcome applications from individuals with severe disabilities or people of equivalent status. Severely disabled applicants of equal merit and qualifications will be given priority.
Please send your convincing application with proof of the sought qualifications by email (in one pdf-file) with the refernce number Wiss1810-09 to email@example.com. The application deadline is the 16th of November 2018.
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://www.stellenwerk-koeln.de/sites/default/files/pdf/university/wiss1810-09_wma_prof._topolinski.pdf abrufbar.