We are looking to recruit a
PhD Position - Acceptability of AI-based Preventive Healthcare in Children and Adolescents by Parents and Clinicians
The position is located at the Institute of Neuroscience and Medicine - Brain and Behaviour (INM-7) of the Research Center Jülich (the largest and one of the leading research centers in Germany) led by Prof. Simon B. Eickhoff (for more information see www.fz-juelich.de/de/inm/inm-7 ). The position is situated in the Department Biomarker Development led by PD Dr. Juergen Dukart. Work space facilities as well as access to all relevant infrastructure will be provided in Jülich and Düsseldorf.
- Institute issuing the offer: INM-7
- external id: 2022D-152
The PhD student will work in the framework of a BMBF funded project on development of and implementation of a study with parents and pediatricians/clinicians to assess the acceptability of AI-based algorithms in routine medical care. The main focus of the study is to implement online experiments to understand which criteria affect the social and ethical acceptability of integrating AI-based algorithms into medical care in pediatric populations.
- Master’s degree in Psychology, Social, Political, Behavioral Science or a related field of study
- Solid experience in one or several relevant programming languages (i.e. Python, R, Matlab, Java, C++) or the strong wish to acquire such skills
- Ideally some experience or solid knowledge on the concepts of machine learning
- Ideally experience with digital and psychological data collection
- Excellent oral and written communications skills in English are required
- Knowledge of German is a plus
We work on the very latest issues that impact our society and are offering you the chance to actively help in shaping the change! We offer ideal conditions for you to complete your doctoral degree:
- A highly motivated working group as well as an international and interdisciplinary working environment at one of Europe’s largest research establishments
- Outstanding scientific and technical infrastructure
- Opportunity to participate in (international) conferences and project meetings
- Continuous scientific mentoring by your scientific advisor
- Flexible work (location) arrangements, e.g. remote work
- Further development of your personal strengths, e.g. through an extensive range of training courses; a structured program of continuing education and networking opportunities specifically for doctoral researchers via JuDocS, the Jülich Center for Doctoral Researchers and Supervisors: www.fz-juelich.de/en/judocs
- Targeted services for international employees, e.g. through our International Advisory Service
The position is for a fixed term of 3 years, with possible long-term prospects. Pay in line with 65 % of pay group 13 of the Collective Agreement for the Public Service (TVöD-Bund) and additionally 60 % of a monthly salary as special payment („Christmas bonus“). Further information on doctoral degrees at Forschungszentrum Jülich including our other locations is available at: https://www.fz-juelich.de/gp/Careers_Docs
We welcome applications from people with diverse backgrounds, e.g. in terms of age, gender, disability, sexual orientation / identity, and social, ethnic and religious origin. A diverse and inclusive working environment with equal opportunities in which everyone can realize their potential is important to us.
We look forward to receiving your application by 11.12.2022
Jetzt online bewerben https://www.fz-juelich.de/de/karriere/stellenangebote/2022D-152?apply
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://www.fz-juelich.de/de/karriere/stellenangebote/2022D-152 abrufbar.