The main focus of the research group "Cognitive Neurophysiology" (head: Prof. Christian Beste) at the Department of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychotherapy and the Institute of Psychology at the TU Dresden is the investigation of neurobiological basics of cognitive control and executive functions using modern experimental psychological, neurophysiological and neurobiological methods in healthy people and neuropsychiatric diseases.
For the next possible Point of Start we are looking for a highly motivated
This Postition is limited for 12 months. A long-term collaboration is intended.
The position is offered as part of a "key project", funded by the Else-Kröner Fresenius Foundation (EKFS). The aim of the project is to evaluate a completely new, cognitive-neuroscientific concept for understanding attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD). The project will investigate the neural basis of this new concept, the effects of brain stimulation, and pharmacological and neurofeedback treatment approaches. Two doctoral positions will also be filled as part of the "key project". You will work in an interdisciplinary team pursuing various neuroscientific projects in the field of neurophysiology of action control processes. You will have direct access to three fully equipped EEG laboratories including eye tracking, TMS, tDCS, tVNS, tACS of the research group "Cognitive Neurophysiology", as well as to a 3T research MRI scanner. Through conceptual connections to the SFBs 940 "Volition and cognitive control" TRR 265 "Loosing and regaining control of drug intake", as well as the research group FOR 2698 "Cognitive theory of Tourette's syndrome - a new approach" in particular, the position opens a variety of further perspectives for the individual development of a scientific career. Opportunities for a habilitation (“2nd Phd”) are given.
- Master's degree in psychology or cognitive neuroscience
- Above-average doctorate in psychology or cognitive neuroscience
- Track record of publications relevant for the call
- Expertise in EEG methods
- Interest in interdisciplinary work in clinical and cognitive neurosciences
- Willingness to work independently, responsibly and as part of a team
- Willingness to assume leadership and supervisory responsibility for project-associated doctoral students
- A high level of personal commitment and interest in an academic career
- Programming skills (e.g. MATLAB, Python etc.)
- Activity in the medical-psychological leading research
- Implementation of own ideas and the work in an innovative interdisciplinary team in research and teaching
- Assumption of management responsibility
- Long-term career development opportunities
- reconciling flexible working hours to make the combination of family and career a reality
- Care of your children through partnerships with children's institutions near the University Hospital
- Use of company prevention offers, courses and fitness in our Carus Vital health centre
- job-oriented further and advanced training with individual planning of your professional Career
- A Postion according to TV-L conditions (E13/65%)
Disabled persons with equal qualification will be preferred.
We kindly ask you to apply preferably via our online form to make the selection process faster and more effective. Of course, we also consider your written application without any disadvantages.
We look forward to receiving your application documents with registration number KJP0921655, letter of motivation, academic certificates, at least one letter of reference, which you should send us online by September 20th, 2021. Further information can be obtained by telephone on 0351-458-7072 or by e-mail: christian.beste(at)uniklinikum-dresden.de
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://www.uniklinikum-dresden.de/de/jobs-und-karriere/stellenangebote/wissenschaft/post-doc-f-m-x abrufbar.