HES-SO University of Applied Sciences and Arts Western Switzerland – Geneva is recruiting for the Geneva School of Business Administration (HEG-Geneva) in the International Business Management department a position of
An Associate UAS Professor in Consumer Science and Marketing Analytics
Activity rate : 100%
Geneva School of Business Administration (HEG-Geneva) is the largest business school of the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Western Switzerland (HES-SO network) with approximately 1700 undergraduate students, and around 300 students in executive education programs. HEG-Geneva is a public, practice- oriented university, delivering Bachelor and Master degrees. Our programs are designed to train tomorrow’s professionals. HEG-Geneva is positioning itself as the reference school in terms of applied management in the French-speaking part of Switzerland.
International Business Management is a young and dynamic department created in 2013. Providing a unique Bachelor program in international management taught entirely in English, it currently hosts around 450 undergraduate students. Built on a mix of academic profiles and seasoned practitioners, the department has contributed to increase the international activities of the HEG-Geneva. Research activities in the department are focusing on applied quantitative aspects of business, economics, risk management, analytics and consumer science.
- Conduct applied research projects in the fields of consumer behavioral science, consumer psychology, marketing analytics and/or digital marketing, if possible with applications in the area of sustainability
- Obtain research funding from national and/or international funding agencies such as SNSF, Innosuisse or European agencies, and develop consulting mandates with private sector industry partners
- Teach in the fields of marketing analytics, digital and quantitative consumer experience, in our Bachelor and Master programs, as well as in continuing education programs
- Supervise Bachelor and Master theses
- Develop outreach activities such as conferences, scientific articles, and mainstream publications
- Perform administrative and organizational activities related to the field of teaching and research
- Master degree (or equivalent) in the field of marketing, consumer science, or related fields, with a profile including strong applied and quantitative aspects; a PhD in a related field is a very important asset
- For an appointment at the associate level, proven track record of securing funding for applied research, publications, conducting research projects and managing a research team, as well as of obtaining and performing consulting mandates
- Strong teaching experience at the Bachelor and Master levels
- At least 5 years of non-academic professional experience in an international environment; a good knowledge of the Swiss economic environment is also an asset
- Ideally a member of a relevant professional marketing organization (for example Swiss Marketing, American Marketing Association, Chartered Institute of Marketing)
- Ability to operate in a complex changing environment and work with a team
- Good communication and writing skills in English (the department’s teaching language is English). Working knowledge of French is expected after 4 years of employment
- A high degree of flexibility in scheduling is expected to meet the needs
- In case the successful candidate does not fulfil all the conditions for being hired at the UAS Associate Professor level immediately (category 25), the successful candidate could be offered a Tenure -Track UAS Assistant Professor position (category 23) with a determined tenure-track duration of a maximum of 6 years
- Deadline for application: 28.02.2022
- Starting date: 01.09.2022
- Place of work: Campus Battelle, rue de la Tambourine 17 - 1227 Carouge
The HES-SO Geneva/HEG is an equal opportunity employer.
The complete application files in the form of a single PDF (cover letter, curriculum vitae including publications list, research and teaching statements, copies of diplomas and work certificates, as well as the names and emails of three references who could be contacted directly) should be submitted electronically , in pdf format, under confidential cover to Prof. Andrea Baranzini, Director – Haute école de gestion de Genève - rh.heg(at)hesge.ch with mention “Associate professor position in Consumer Science and Marketing Analytics ”.
Only complete applications corresponding to the required profile and submitted before the deadline will be reviewed.
For further information, please contact Human Resources on +41 22 558 64 87 - raquel.pillco-vilchez(at)hesge.ch.
Indications about salaries can be found on the state of Geneva salary scale (link below): https://www.ge.ch/document/echelle-salariale-2021.
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://www.hesge.ch/geneve/sites/default/files/places_vacantes/2022_ibm_annonce_pa_ou_paptc_marketing_et_sciences_du_consommateur_eng.pdf abrufbar.