Workplace: Brig/Naters (Valais, Switzerland)
The Swiss Distance Learning University was established in 1992 and offers numerous degree programmes at Bachelor and Master level. Our employees will be pleased to help with all questions on distance learning at three sites in Switzerland (Brig, Siders, and Pfäffikon). There are more than 1,800 students currently studying at the Swiss Distance Learning University in either German or French.
Distance learning is the perfect solution for those who want to balance their studies with work, family and leisure.
In the Faculty of Psychology, there are several positions to be filled as:
PhD Students/ Post-Docs in Psychology (75%-100%)
Future employees will be working on research projects investigating the effects of information and communication technology (ICT) in schools as an aid to learning a first or foreign language and/or in research investigating the basic neural mechanism of cognitive phenomena such as learning and memory, attention, perception and synesthesia. Duties include:
- Developing and conducting computerised tests in the lab and in schools
- Developing and conducting experiments in the lab using electroencephalography (EEG) and physiological measures such as skin conductance
- Data analyses
- Writing and publishing research results
- Assist in teaching at the Distance Learning University
- Master’s degree or PhD in psychology, cognitive neuroscience or a related field
- A record that documents a strong interest in at least one of the following topics:
- research on the cognitive neuroscience of learning & memory
- research on the cognitive neuroscience of second language acquisition in children
- research on the cognitive neuroscience of perception and synesthesia
- Internet-based learning applications and behavioural experiments
- An excellent oral and written command of English is a prerequisite
- A good oral command of German and/or French is an advantage
- Collaboration on innovative research
- The opportunity to develop skills in the implementation of research on Internet-based learning and cognitive neuroscience
- A modern and dynamic work environment
Please send your application (CV & cover letter) to Isabelle Gauchat, Head of Human Resources: personal(at)fernuni.ch Positions are open until filled.
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://fernuni.ch/fileadmin/files/files_fernuni.ch/Stelleninserate/Stelleninserat_Post_Docs_in_Psychology.pdf abrufbar.