Senior/Principal Clinical Data Scientist with Experience in Cardiometabolism (m/w/d)-220289
At Boehringer Ingelheim we develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company, we focus on long-term performance. We believe that, if we have talented and ambitious people who are passionate about innovation, there is no limit to what we can achieve; after all, we started with just 28 people. Now, we are powered by 50,000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture.
Biostatistics and Data Sciences (BDS) is a global organization with more than 400 employees within the Human Pharma Business Unit. Working in close collaboration with other functions at Boehringer Ingelheim (BI) and external vendors we combine methodological and technical data science skills with business and scientific expertise to drive smart, timely and confident decision making at every stage of drug development, approval and access. On our journey to transform BDS into a modern data science organization in clinical development capable to thrive in a world of rapid and continuous change, we have been changing our working model towards an operating model with emphasis on cross-functional and self-organized teams creating customer-oriented value.
As a Senior/Principal Clinical Data Scientist, you support clinical drug research and development by providing strategic planning and execution, data transformation as well as all aspects of descriptive, diagnostic, predictive and prescriptive analytics of data.
This position can be filled in Ingelheim or Biberach (Discover our site Biberach: xplorebiberach.com)
Tasks & responsibilities
- As a Senior Clinical Data Scientist, you are responsible for planning and execution of clinical projects, including all aspects of analytics of data and data transformation. This includes the provision of analytics tools and outputs. You will work on cardiometabolic projects with a special focus on our rich early phase pipeline.
- You apply traditional statistical methods and combine them with cutting-edge data science methods in designing, collecting and analyzing clinical data from trials and projects.
- In your new role you contribute to evidence generation along the human pharma value chain by telling a compelling data story to generate insights and trigger actions that make a difference to our patients.
- You collaborate closely with scientists and experts from various disciplines in clinical development.
- You enhance your business knowledge and scientific expertise in a global drug development environment.
- With your expertise you exchange with the statistical and data science community inside and outside of BI.
- You are part of a global biostatistics and data sciences organization that covers all biostatistics and data sciences aspects along the human pharma product life cycle.
As Principal Clinical Data Scientist
- In addition you lead and oversee designing, transforming, analyzing and reporting complex phase I-IV clinical trials or projects with established BI experience.
- Bachelor of Science (BSc), Master of Science (MSc) or Doctoral Degree (PhD) in Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or related field (Data Science, Natural Science, Psychology, Finance, etc) with several years professional experience
- Sound knowledge of statistical methodology, design of clinical trials or clinical experiments, basic medical terminology and on processing clinical trial information as well as experience in pharmaceutical development
- Knowledge and experience in cardiometabolic clinical development is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of and hands-on experience in relevant software languages, like SAS and R
- Ability to pro-actively identify issues and solutions and to interact with internal and external bodies on routine clinical data science issues
- Interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively with people, internally and externally (e.g., CROs, experts, management) as well as evidence of strong teamwork, also in global and remote context
- Oral and written communication skills to interact in interdisciplinary teams as well as the ability to explain, visualize and communicate statistical information to non-statisticians effectively
- Fluency in written and spoken English and German
Additional requirements for a Principal Position
- Broad knowledge and advanced experience in understanding of clinical trial development processes
- Sound knowledge of methodologies for complex and innovative designs of clinical projects and trials (e.g. adaptive designs, etc.)
- Advanced project lead experience and exposure to agile project management
EFFECTS OF COVID-19
We will continue to hire talented people and we look forward to receiving your applications. As a result of COVID-19, we have introduced alternative working arrangements to ensure that our employees can stay safe and healthy, because the health of our employees is among our top priorities. At all company locations, we work remotely whenever possible. Additionally, we are now hosting virtual video interviews for applicants. During the limited in-person interviews we still have during this time, we pay special attention to distance and the hygiene rules recommended by the Robert Koch Institute. New employees who do not start on site in production or the laboratories are sent the necessary IT equipment, our Welcome Days take place online, and we plan to conduct their onboarding training virtually whenever possible.
WHY BOEHRINGER INGELHEIM?
This is where you can grow, collaborate, innovate and improve lives.
We offer challenging work in a respectful and friendly global working environment surrounded by a world of innovation driven mindsets and practices. In addition, learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth. We also offer a competitive salary, generous amount of vacation time, and numerous benefits towards your wellness & financial health and work-life balance. Plus, an onsite gym (Ingelheim), in-house doctor and best-in-class cafeterias and coffee bars to keep you energized and healthy. To learn more about what benefits could be waiting for you, please visit our Career area.
Want to learn more about us? Visit https://www.boehringer-ingelheim.com/
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
READY TO CONTACT US?
Please contact our Recruiting EMEA Team, Tel: +49 (0) 6132 77-173173
Not exactly the position you are looking for but have someone else in mind? Share it via the button on the bottom of the page with friends or colleagues who might be interested.
- Tätigkeit - Medizin
- Primärer Standort - Europa-DE-Baden-Württemberg-Biberach
- Andere Standorte - Europa-DE-Rhinland-Palatinate-Ingelheim
- Organisation - DE-Boehringer Ingelheim Pharma GmbH&Co.KG (Germany)
- Beschäftigungsart - Vollzeit
Jetzt online bewerbenhttps://tas-boehringer.taleo.net/careersection/iam/accessmanagement/login.jsf?lang=de&redirectionURI=https%3A%2F%2Ftas-boehringer.taleo.net%2Fcareersection%2Fapplication.jss%3Flang%3Dde%26type%3D1%26csNo%3D10120%26portal%3D14105022295%26reqNo%3D634677%26iniurl.src%3DJB-10083%26isOnLogoutPage%3Dtrue&TARGET=https%3A%2F%2Ftas-boehringer.taleo.net%2Fcareersection%2Fapplication.jss%3Flang%3Dde%26type%3D1%26csNo%3D10120%26portal%3D14105022295%26reqNo%3D634677%26iniurl.src%3DJB-10083%26isOnLogoutPage%3Dtrue
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://tas-boehringer.taleo.net/careersection/global+template+career+section+28external29/jobdetail.ftl?lang=de&job=220289&src=JB-10083 abrufbar.