80 - 100 %
University Hospital of Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Bern
We are seeking a PhD student (80 – 100 %) to join Walther's lab at the University of Bern for four years. We are looking for a highly motivated candidate with interest in neuroimaging, nonverbal communication, and psychiatric disorders. Start as soon as possible. The position will be located at the University Hospital of Psychiatry at the Center for Translational Research at the University of Bern, Switzerland.
The PhD student will be joining a diverse team performing cutting-edge research on nonverbal communication and psychiatric disorders under the mentorship of Prof. Sebastian Walther, MD. The lab uses and develops techniques and approaches to characterize behavior, as well as brain network organization, function and dysfunction in adults with psychiatric disorders. Our research aims at developing novel treatments for individuals suffering from psychiatric illnesses.
- Data acquisition using behavior, brain stimulation and neuroimaging
- Data analyses (i.e. MRI data)
- (Co-)Authoring manuscripts
- Presenting research progress at lab meetings, conferences, and other scientific forums.
- Interest in neuroimaging, nonverbal communication and psychiatric disorders
- Master's Degree or an equivalent degree in a relevant discipline (e.g. psychiatry, psychology, medicine, biology, social sciences)
- Excellent organizational and problem solving skills
- The ability to work efficiently, and with multidisciplinary teams.
- To feel comfortable interacting with human subjects.
- Prior experience with neuroimaging is a plus
- Speak and understand German
- Option to learn techniques and approaches to analyze neuroimaging data
- A multidisciplinary, and dynamic academic environment with excellent supervision and networking opportunities
- Enrolment in the graduate school of health sciences at the University of Bern
- A salary according to the pay scales of the Swiss National Science Foundation for PhD students.
Contact and application
Please apply online by sending your resume, and a cover letter to sebastian.walther(at)upd.unibe.ch by September 30th 2021.
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://ohws.prospective.ch/public/v1/jobs/a7d12bce-93bd-4ff4-9f17-61a4c5053185 abrufbar.