Research fellow (m/f/d) with expected full-time employment - E 13 TV-L (third-party funding, short term for 3 years; with the possibility of extension)
Kategorie(n): Wissenschaftliches Personal
Anzahl der Stellen: 1
Einsatzort: Faculty of Life Sciences - Department of Psychology
Bewerbung bis: 16.03.21
We are looking for a highly motivated post-doctoral fellow to work in the Cognitive Neuroscience of Memory (CNM) laboratory of Prof. Dr. Roberto Cabeza at the Department of Psychology, Humboldt University of Berlin, Germany. Research in the lab (in Berlin Mitte) focuses on investigating the neural mechanisms of memory using fMRI. The postdoc will work in a project examining memory representations (e. g., representational similarity analyses—RSA) and networks (e. g., graph theory analyses) in young and older adults.
- Pilot and run fMRI experiments, and analyze their results
- Develop and apply new analytic approaches to the data
- Disseminate findings via scientific publications and scientific presentations
- Supervise PhD students, as well as of Bachelor and Master students
- Preparation for further academic qualification (habilitation)
- A PhD in neuroscience, biomedical science, psychology, physics, computer science or related field
- Good knowledge and skills in fMRI analyses, including representational and network analyses
- Strong statistical and programming skills (e. g. SPM, Matlab, Python, R)
- Strong publication record and enthusiasm for communicating scientific advances
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a scientific team
- High self-motivation and organizational skills
We are particularly excited about candidates with a strong background in fMRI methods who are eager to analyze data and love writing manuscripts.
Please send your application (CV, motivation letter, list of publications, relevant certificates and contact details of three academic referees) as a pdf document, quoting the reference number DR/010/21 to cabeza(at)duke.edu or to the
Humboldt University of Berlin
Faculty of Life Sciences
Department of Psychology
Prof. Dr. Roberto Cabeza (office: Luisenstr. 50)
Unter den Linden 6
HU is seeking to increase the proportion of women in research and teaching, and specifically encourages qualified female scholars to apply. Severely disabled applicants with equivalent qualifications will be given preferential consideration. People with an immigration background are specifically encouraged to apply. Since we will not return your documents, please submit copies in the application only.
Please visit our website www.personalabteilung.hu-berlin.de/stellenausschreibungen, which gives you access to the legally binding German version.
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://www.personalabteilung.hu-berlin.de/de/stellenausschreibungen/research-fellow-m-f-d-with-expected-full-time-employment-e-13-tv-l-third-party-funding-short-term-for-3-years-with-the-possibility-of-extension abrufbar.