Professorships of the Faculty of Business Administration (50%–100%; FoB21-Fall)
Berlin International is a University of Applied Sciences with a distinct international focus. All study programs are taught in English. For the Faculty of Business Administration, we are looking for a
Professor of Business Administration (50% or more)
with focus on Organizations & Management
Professor of Business & Society (50% or more)
with focus on Business Culture and Intercultural Management
The Faculty of Business Administration offers bachelor’s degree programs both in Business Administration and Digital Business & Management, as well as a “Master of Business Administration”. To support our continuous growth, we are looking for a new professor with an international background as well as substantial professional and academic experience. The position includes teaching in the bachelor’s degree programs as well as in master’s degree programs. With its distinct interdisciplinary approach, the Faculty of Business Administration is looking for applicants who are able and disposed to teach across all its business programs. Professors are also expected and supported to conduct (applied) research projects.
For the Professorship of Business & Society with focus on Business Culture and Intercultural Management, applicants should have interdisciplinary expertise and research interests that help bind the role of culture in business, bringing in matters such as intercultural awareness, interdisciplinary perspectives from the social sciences, cultural entrepreneurship, diasporas, clusters and/or institutional cooperation activities that foster a deeper understanding ofrealities in a changing business world. Links to relevant industries and institutions as well as an interdisciplinary and intercultural teaching background are expected.
For the Professorship of Business Administration with focus on Organizations & Management, applicants are expected to have expertise in the area of Human Resources Management, ideally with interests in the broad fields management and marketing. The position is intended to cover research and teaching activities related to HRM, organizational psychology, leadership, entrepreneurship and other related management topics. Links to relevant industries and institutions as well as an interdisciplinary and intercultural teaching background are expected.
In cooperation with the University’s Research Institute, the successful applicant is also expected to
- conduct research
- to co-coordinate the research activities of the faculty
- to further develop the research agenda of the Faculty of Business Administration
- to contribute to the development of interdisciplinary research across Berlin International
Berlin International intends to further focus on research activities and to increase its mid to long term research output. Both a proven track record in substantial (applied) research and convincing research plans are therefore essential.
Apart from doing research and teaching, we expect the successful candidate to contribute to the development of the faculty’s degree programs and the Faculty of Business Administration in general, as well as to carry out administrative duties at the university. The job responsibilities further involve the active extension of networks for future co-operations.
Minimum job requirements:
- Applicants must fulfill the requirements for professorships at Universities of Applied Sciences (Fachhochschulen) in accordance with the Berlin Higher Education Act, §100.
- A PhD, for the Professorship in Organizations & Management, in business administration, social sciences, psychology or other related areas; for the Professorship in Business & Society, a PhD in social sciences, sociology, anthropology or other related areas. The degree transcript needs to be attached to the application.
- Recent high quality research outpu
- At least 5 years of practical experience out of which a minimum of 3 years must have been outside the university context.
- Teaching experience.
- Very good English language skills (teaching language).
- Intercultural awareness and competence preferably from earning university degrees abroad or international work experience.
- A strong interest in contributing to the continuous growth of Berlin International University of Applied Sciences.
- Additional language skills, ideally and especially in German.
Additional preferred requirements:
- Experience in international projects
- Expertise in handling software packages for research purposes
Who we are and what we offer:
- Berlin International is a young, growing university of applied sciences immersed in the creative and international spirit of the city of Berlin. We are a small institution with an enthusiastic team, and proud to host more than 75 different nationalities among our students and staff.
- Our campus is located in central Berlin, close to the Technical University Berlin, the University of the Arts (UdK) and to the large Tiergarten park.
- Berlin International’s Research Institute offers financial support for research projects.
- Berlin International is committed to diversity and equal opportunity.
Please hand in your application as one PDF document that contains a cover letter demonstrating research and teaching interests, a CV with attachments (including attested certificates of education) listing relevant practical experiences, research (including a list of publications, lectures, awards, and professional memberships), and a list with teaching experiences. Any additional documents relevant for the position are welcome.
The post is to be filled by October 1st, 2021. These are part-time positions that can be extended to a 100% position. Residence in Berlin is expected. Please send your complete online application (one PDF file) including all relevant documents by April 15th, 2021; 23:59, to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the professorship focus you are interested in.
“Professor of Business Administration: Organizations & Management” (50% FoB21 Fall)
“Professor of Business & Society” (50% FoB21 Fall)
Berlin International University of Applied Sciences
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://www.berlin-international.de/media/uploads/2021/02/12/2021_fob_2_professorships_50_100_business_job_description_april15_mcP5W3c.pdf abrufbar.