Analytics and Research Lead (f/m/d)
Permanent employee, Full-time · Berlin
About the position
Klang is looking for an experienced Analytics and Research Lead (f/m/d). In this role, you will lead the Player Insights team, which consists of User Researchers and Data Analysts. Together you will positively impact our titles by providing actionable insights to help shape our game, SEED throughout the development process and then later, in the live environment.
You will work closely with your team to plan and execute research, run playtests, and transform data into meaningful insights about user perceptions, sentiment, and actions.. You'll create persuasive reports and visualisations for both technical and non-technical stakeholders, while actively collaborating with different teams in order to meet strategic KPIs.
What you will do
- Own the research process by designing and conducting research studies using a variety of methods (eg. surveys, focus groups, usability testing, playtesting, expert analysis, telemetry analysis) to embed user feedback into the development process.
- Define and craft research initiatives aligned with the SEED’s vision and develop user research solutions that support players’ needs.
- Work with your team to create a research roadmap and ensure business level performance KPIs are always available to the studio leadership, throughout each of SEEDs development stages.
- Oversee the creation of reports, dashboards and debrief your results to a variety of stakeholders, conveying information in a concise and compelling way.
- Oversee the work of the Player Insights team with a hands-on approach, define structure, set up work processes, create and maintain Player Insights documentation
- Train your team to define appropriate metrics that reflect the quality of user experience, the impact of design changes and meaningful insights about players.
- Collaborate with game development teams to identify research opportunities and create research plans.
Who we think will be a great fit
- You have 4+ years of experience working as a Lead Analyst or a Lead Researcher within games.
- You have a BS degree in Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Market Research, Cognitive Science, or other related field.
- You worked on at least one shipped AAA video games title.
- You have good understanding of statistics and analytics.
- You have strong leadership skills, quantitative and qualitative research and visualisation skills.
- You can communicate fluently in English, inside and outside of your own domain.
- A postgraduate (Masters or PhD) degree in Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Psychology, Market Research, Cognitive Science, or other related field.
- You have experience in data visualisation with Looker (alternatively Tableau or similar).
- You have experience with BigQuery, SQL, and Google Analytics or other common data pipeline tools.
- You have experience with Python.
- You are a fan of large scale MMOs.
- An opportunity to work on a groundbreaking project from its inception with a lot of room for professional and personal development
- Competitive salary and 27 days of paid vacation
- Remote work from Europe or hybrid/onsite work from Berlin
- Monthly public transport travel reimbursement
- Monthly company co-contributions to private pensions
- Reimbursement for physical health activities
- Employee Assistance Program
- Mental health support
- Flexible office hours (with core hours)
- Monthly team events and activities
- A dog-friendly office, adjustable standing desks, ergonomic chairs and mobile aircon units for hot summers
- Healthy snacks and drinks in the office
At Klang, we create products that inspire people to deepen their understanding of the emergent nature of society and collectively envision a better future.
At the heart of Klang is SEED an accessible, persistent world in which players share a history and shape a future. We provide an environment for a broad audience to belong and develop relationships in a society simulation inspired by life itself.
We explicitly encourage applications from applicants from groups underrepresented in games/tech spaces. We value all kinds of backgrounds and walks of life.
Apply for this position https://klang-games.jobs.personio.de/job/740121?display=en&language=en&pid=06b4d0c2-4825-46ac-8046-9cd42ed52435&it=gpRh9SO1lrqRzzi7th7e2w&_ghcid=5e2023e2-cae5-4c20-8895-f98bb3352f5f#apply
Die Ausschreibung ist auch im Internet unter https://klang-games.jobs.personio.de/job/740121?display=en&language=en&pid=06b4d0c2-4825-46ac-8046-9cd42ed52435&it=gpRh9SO1lrqRzzi7th7e2w&_ghcid=5e2023e2-cae5-4c20-8895-f98bb3352f5f abrufbar.